Ann Taber Collection


Records

Results

We found
124
matching items
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Centennial Block
    Image       Centennial Building, 1880, corner of 1st Avenue, Washington Avenue, and Chisholm Street, Alpena, Michigan.
    Image     Centennial Building, 1880, corner of 1st Avenue, Washington Avenue, and Chisholm Street, Alpena, Michigan.
  • Second Avenue Bridge
    Image       Second Avenue Bridge, downtown Alpena, Michigan.
    Image     Second Avenue Bridge, downtown Alpena, Michigan.
  • Building Second Avenue Bridge
    Image       Building the third Second Avenue Bridge across the Thunder Bay River, late 1800s. Downtown Alpena, Michigan. Looking south.
    Image     Building the third Second Avenue Bridge across the Thunder Bay River, late 1800s. Downtown Alpena, Michigan. Looking south.
  • Chisholm Street Bridge
    Image       Chisholm Street Bridge (Thunder Bay River) damaged from flood on April 23, 1923.
    Image     Chisholm Street Bridge (Thunder Bay River) damaged from flood on April 23, 1923.
  • Ninth Street Bridge
    Image       Ninth Street Bridge, Alpena, Michigan during flood on April 23, 1923.
    Image     Ninth Street Bridge, Alpena, Michigan during flood on April 23, 1923.
  • Richardson Dam
    Image       Richardson Dam across the Thunder Bay River in Alpena, Michigan.
    Image     Richardson Dam across the Thunder Bay River in Alpena, Michigan.
  • Second Avenue Bridge
    Image       The second Second Avenue Bridge across the Thunder Bay River in Alpena, Michigan. This bridge was built in 1872-73 and replaced in 1886.
    Image     The second Second Avenue Bridge across the Thunder Bay River in Alpena, Michigan. This bridge was built in 1872-73 and replaced in 1886.
  • Second Avenue Bridge
    Image       Sleigh pulled by horses crossing the third Second Avenue Bridge heading into downtown Alpena, Michigan. This bridge across the Thunder Bay River was built in 1886. Cohen's Store (or Alpena Furniture Store) is in the background. St. Mary's Steeple (faint) is on far right.
    Image     Sleigh pulled by horses crossing the third Second Avenue Bridge heading into downtown Alpena, Michigan. This bridge across the Thunder Bay River was built in 1886. Cohen's Store (or Alpena ...
  • Alpena County Courthouse
    Image       This Alpena County Courthouse was built on Chisholm Street (between Eighth and Ninth Streets) in 1888 and was destroyed by fire in 1932.
    Image     This Alpena County Courthouse was built on Chisholm Street (between Eighth and Ninth Streets) in 1888 and was destroyed by fire in 1932.
  • Richardson Dam
    Image       Richardson Dam, originally Oldfield Dam, across the Thunder Bay River at Tenth Street in Alpena, Michigan.
    Image     Richardson Dam, originally Oldfield Dam, across the Thunder Bay River at Tenth Street in Alpena, Michigan.
  • Banquet at Armory
    Image       Men's banquet possibly at the Chisholm Street Armory prior to its burning.
    Image     Men's banquet possibly at the Chisholm Street Armory prior to its burning.
  • Ladies at Logging Camp
    Image       People standing outside lumber camp buildings during winter.
    Image     People standing outside lumber camp buildings during winter.
  • Leavitt Diving Suit during PEWABIC Salvage
    Image       "In May, 1917 the B.F. Leavitt Diving Armor Company located the wreck [PEWABIC]. Mr. Leavitt was the inventor of Leavitt's Armored Diving Suit. This suit performed fairly well for a while...and the expedition was by far the most successful salvage attempt. But by August, Leavitt was short of cash and ...
    Image     "In May, 1917 the B.F. Leavitt Diving Armor Company located the wreck [PEWABIC]. Mr. Leavitt was the inventor of Leavitt's Armored Diving Suit. This suit performed fairly well for a ...
  • B.F. Leavitt during the Salvage of the PEWABIC
    Image       "In May, 1917 the B.F. Leavitt Diving Armor Company located the wreck [PEWABIC]. Mr. Leavitt was the inventor of Leavitt's Armored Diving Suit. This suit performed fairly well for a while...and the expedition was by far the most successful salvage attempt. But by August, Leavitt was short of cash and ...
    Image     "In May, 1917 the B.F. Leavitt Diving Armor Company located the wreck [PEWABIC]. Mr. Leavitt was the inventor of Leavitt's Armored Diving Suit. This suit performed fairly well for a ...
  • Leavitt Diving Suit during the PEWABIC Salvage
    Image       "In May, 1917 the B.F. Leavitt Diving Armor Company located the wreck [PEWABIC]. Mr. Leavitt was the inventor of Leavitt's Armored Diving Suit. This suit performed fairly well for a while...and the expedition was by far the most successful salvage attempt. But by August, Leavitt was short of cash and ...
    Image     "In May, 1917 the B.F. Leavitt Diving Armor Company located the wreck [PEWABIC]. Mr. Leavitt was the inventor of Leavitt's Armored Diving Suit. This suit performed fairly well for a ...
  • Aftermath of St. Anne's Church Fire
    Image       Aftermath of St. Anne's Catholic Church fire on August 4, 1907.
    Image     Aftermath of St. Anne's Catholic Church fire on August 4, 1907.
  • Alpena County Poor House
    Image       The Alpena County House, also known as the Poor House, was built of brick in 1892 to replace the County Poor House that burned on July 28, 1891.
    Image     The Alpena County House, also known as the Poor House, was built of brick in 1892 to replace the County Poor House that burned on July 28, 1891.
  • Downtown Alpena
    Image       River Street (lower left) running between Third Street to Harbor Drive. Corner of Second and Third, northwest corner, is Spens Drug Store. Northeast corner is Jacob Levyn Tobacco Store.
    Image     River Street (lower left) running between Third Street to Harbor Drive. Corner of Second and Third, northwest corner, is Spens Drug Store. Northeast corner is Jacob Levyn Tobacco Store.
  • St. Bernard's Church and School
    Image       In 1861, Bishop Frederic Baraga (1797-1868) trod through snow and icy waters from Sault Ste. Marie to Alpena where he founded a Catholic church. However, it was not until 1888 that Father Patrick Murray became the first resident pastor of the church dedicated to and named for St. Bernard. Father ...
    Image     In 1861, Bishop Frederic Baraga (1797-1868) trod through snow and icy waters from Sault Ste. Marie to Alpena where he founded a Catholic church. However, it was not until 1888 ...
  • Lockwood School
    Image       Lockwood School was built in the 1890s with three rooms being added in 1895. The upper story burned in 1918 and was not replaced. It was located on the southeast corner of of Fourth and Lewis Streets.
    Image     Lockwood School was built in the 1890s with three rooms being added in 1895. The upper story burned in 1918 and was not replaced. It was located on the southeast ...
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit




My favourites lets you save items you like, tag them and group them into collections for your own personal use. Viewing "My favourites" will open in a new tab. Login here or start a My favourites account.










Ann Taber Collection