The LaCross Family’s first business ventures began in the early 1940s with cabinet making and general wood work. In 1951, brothers Arthur and Ernest, with sons Jim and Charles, began constructing wood filing cabinets in Alpena, MI, which were distributed through Leonard’s Office Supply and Equipment Co. of Detroit. In 1955, the Kauffman Boat Works came under the ownership of the LaCross Boat Works, which constructed various wooden recreational motor boats over the next 40 years. The business closed in 2006.
LaCross Boat Works brochures for the years 1954, 1955, and 1958 are only available for viewing in-house.