C. Moench Sons' Company
- Media Type
- Item Type
- By 1890, the lumber industry was in decline. New industries cropped up based on wood as a resource. They used hardwoods and pulpwoods previously ignored. Moench Tannery was one of these new industries. C. Moench Sons' Tannery Company was first operated by John C. and Henry L. Moench of Cattaraugus, NY, and William Kreb. The tannery was located at the end of Washington Avenue, west of Alpena.
- Date of Original
- c 1897
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 4050
Image Height: 2914
- Knechtel Collection
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Approximate location of tannery:
Michigan, United States
Latitude: 45.0603462104362 Longitude: -83.4555809631348
- Approximate location of tannery:
- Dennis Knechtel
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Knechtel Collection, Alpena County George N. Fletcher Public Library
- Alpena County George N. Fletcher Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address211 N. First Ave.
Alpena, Michigan 49707