The Fletcher Office Building was originally a bath house built by the Alpena Magnetic Sulphur Springs Company in 1892. Mineral water was supplied by a 1,276 foot flowing well on the property. It was not a success and closed after just a few years. The building was purchased by the Fletcher Family and used as offices. The library was also located there. The building burned in 1936. The flowing well may still be seen of the grounds where the current library is located.