The Alpena Motor Car Company was incorporated in June of 1910 with Daniel Hanover as president. It is interesting to note that prior to this, Hanover had a store, which sold carriages and harnesses. The manufacture of the Alpena Flyer began in October 1910. Capacity was 2,500 automobiles, but only about 500 were ever produced. The Alpena Flyer was well-built and a very good, reliable vehicle. The company received many orders, but found it difficult to fill them. Business fell off and because of inexperience, as well as over-optimism and competition, the company was doomed to failure. The company was sued for patent infringement and lost the case, which led to further financial difficulties. The company closed in late 1913 and declared bankruptcy in 1914. The remaining stock was sold to another manufacturer in Canada, and that was the end of the Alpena Motor Car Company. Only one model of the Alpena Flyer is known to exist. A fully restored 1911 vehicle may be seen at the Besser Museum for Northeast Michigan in Alpena, Michigan.