- Media Type
- Item Type
- The Sherman House hotel was located at 217 West Fletcher Street, half way between Commercial and Merchant Streets, opposite the railroad depot. It was built prior to 1883 and remained in business until about 1908. The proprietor, John D. McDonald, died in April 1907. The 1910 Sanborn Fire Insurance map shows the Sherman Hotel vacant in 1910.
- Date of Original
- c 1895
Width: 5306 px
Height: 3665 px
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 5306px
Image Height: 3665px
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Approximate location of Sherman House:
Michigan, United States
Latitude: 45.0655675159201 Longitude: -83.4310548439026
- Approximate location of Sherman House:
- Tim Taber
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Ann Taber Collection, Alpena County George N. Fletcher Public Library
- Alpena County George N. Fletcher Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address211 N. First Ave.
Alpena, Michigan 49707