- Media Type
- Item Type
- A typical load of logs being pulled by horses. Sprinkling water on the road and allowing it to freeze made the sled easier to pull.
- Adam's Bookstore, publisher of this postcard, provided Alpena souvenirs for many years.
- Front: Logging Operations near Alpena. Pub. by Adams Book Store, Alpena, Mich.
Back: Postmarked Dafoe, Mich., Apr 16, 1914
Mrs. R. T. Haltiner
210 Tutle St,
April 15, 1914
Dear Mamma, I got up all right. Mr. Cook was at the station to meet me with a horse. They want me to stay until Saturday and then go down with Mr. Cook & Ethel. I am going to school this afternoon. [?][?] Jake? Haltiner
- Date of Original
- Haltiner Collection
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Michigan, United States
Latitude: 45.03334 Longitude: -83.64998
- Robert E. Haltiner
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Haltiner Collection, Alpena County George N. Fletcher Public Library
- Alpena County George N. Fletcher Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address211 N. First Ave.
Alpena, Michigan 49707