Results

We found
66
matching items
Decade
1880-1889
  
  • Downtown Alpena
        Second Avenue on the north side of the bridge. McRae Block (1882) is on the right where the Post Office is now located. The Cohen Store is on the left where Alpena Furniture stands today. St. Mary's Church and Immanuel Lutheran Church steeples can be seen in the background.
      Second Avenue on the north side of the bridge. McRae Block (1882) ...
  • U.S. Fish Hatchery
        Alpena's U.S. Fish Hatchery was completed in 1882, and proceeded to plant fish in surrounding waters until 1933. In 1928, the hatchery was moved from its original location on Water Street to the rear of City Hall. On September 23, 1933, the hatchery was ordered closed as part of the ...
      Alpena's U.S. Fish Hatchery was completed in 1882, and proceeded to plant ...
  • Churchill House
        Originally the Fletcher House, this hotel was moved in 1887 about a block to be positioned between First and Waters Street (present location of City Hall) and turned facing away from the bay. It was officially reopened as the Churchill House on May 2, 1888. The Churchill House burned April ...
      Originally the Fletcher House, this hotel was moved in 1887 about a ...
  • Churchill House
        Originally the Fletcher House, this hotel was moved in 1887 about a block to be positioned between First and Waters Street (present location of City Hall) and turned facing away from the bay. It was officially reopened as the Churchill House on May 2, 1888. The Churchill House burned April ...
      Originally the Fletcher House, this hotel was moved in 1887 about a ...
  • Alpena County Jail
        The Alpena County Jail was located across from the Alpena County Courthouse on Chisholm Street near Ninth Avenue. It was built in 1887 of Alpena limestone at a cost of $10,000.
      The Alpena County Jail was located across from the Alpena County Courthouse ...
  • Trinity Episcopal Church
        The original Trinity Episcopal Church was built on Washington Avenue off of Chisholm Street in 1867. This new church was dedicated on June 29, 1884.
      The original Trinity Episcopal Church was built on Washington Avenue off of ...
  • Globe Hotel
        The first Globe Hotel was built on River Street and burned on November 12, 1871. This Globe Hotel was built in the early 1880s on Washington Street off of Chisholm Street and burned in the 1970s.
      The first Globe Hotel was built on River Street and burned on ...
  • Churchill Lumber Company
        W.L. and H.D. Churchill Lumber Company. This mill was first built by F.N. Barlow in 1871. It was purchased by the Churchills in 1877. During the season of 1882, it cut 17,250,000 feet of lumber and about 5,000,000 feet of lath. The firm also had a store and a wagon ...
      W.L. and H.D. Churchill Lumber Company. This mill was first built by ...
  • Centennial Block
        Centennial Building, 1880, corner of 1st Avenue, Washington Avenue, and Chisholm Street, Alpena, Michigan.
      Centennial Building, 1880, corner of 1st Avenue, Washington Avenue, and Chisholm Street, ...
  • McDonald and Creighton Block
        McDonald & Creighton Block, 1880, Second Avenue and River Street (south corner), downtown Alpena, Michigan. "Insurance Agency"
      McDonald & Creighton Block, 1880, Second Avenue and River Street (south corner), ...
  • Log Marks
        Log mark or marks for Whitney & Stinchfield in Alpena, Michigan, 1888.
      Log mark or marks for Whitney & Stinchfield in Alpena, Michigan, 1888.
  • Log Marks
        Log mark or marks for William Jolly & Co in Alpena, Michigan, 1880.
      Log mark or marks for William Jolly & Co in Alpena, Michigan, ...
  • Log Marks
        Log mark or marks for James Wilson in Alpena, Michigan, 1884.
      Log mark or marks for James Wilson in Alpena, Michigan, 1884.
  • Log Marks
        Log mark or marks for C. B. Wright in Alpena, Michigan, 1886.
      Log mark or marks for C. B. Wright in Alpena, Michigan, 1886.
  • Thunder Bay River
        The Thunder Bay River at Alpena showing schooners and lumber stacks stretched along the river banks.
      The Thunder Bay River at Alpena showing schooners and lumber stacks stretched ...
  • Log Marks
        Log mark or marks for George Holmes, Klock, Alex McKay, S. F. Smith, Robert Montross, Spratt in Alpena, Michigan.
      Log mark or marks for George Holmes, Klock, Alex McKay, S. F. ...
  • Downtown Alpena
        Downtown view from Culligan Block - Chisholm Street looking toward First Avenue and Thunder Bay. The Churchill House is in the background on the left. The Centennial Building on right. August 1886.
      Downtown view from Culligan Block - Chisholm Street looking toward First Avenue ...
  • Second Avenue Bridge
        The third Second Avenue Bridge across the Thunder Bay River in Alpena, Michigan. This bridge was built in 1886 and replaced in 1939.
      The third Second Avenue Bridge across the Thunder Bay River in Alpena, ...
  • Log Marks
        Log mark for Rufus P Atkinson in Alpena, Michigan, 1885.
      Log mark for Rufus P Atkinson in Alpena, Michigan, 1885.
  • Log Marks
        Log marks for L. S. Baker in Alpena, Michigan, 1881.
      Log marks for L. S. Baker in Alpena, Michigan, 1881.
Search within these results
Sort
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit