Results

We found
72
matching items
Contributors
Alpena County George N. Fletcher Public Library
  
Media Types
Images  
  
Decade
1890-1899
  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Alpena County Savings Bank
    Imagecomment       The Alpena County Savings Bank was established in 1893 at the corner of Second Avenue and Chisholm Street. Second Avenue and Park Place was the new location in 1905. The building pictured was a branch location on the corner of W. Chisholm and N. Ninth Avenue that operated from 1922 ...
    Imagecomment     The Alpena County Savings Bank was established in 1893 at the corner of Second Avenue and Chisholm Street. Second Avenue and Park Place was the new location in 1905. The ...
  • Alpena Fire Department
    ImageCollection       The Alpena Fire Department's sleigh and horse team crossing the Second Avenue Bridge from the north during the winter.
    ImageCollection     The Alpena Fire Department's sleigh and horse team crossing the Second Avenue Bridge from the north during the winter.
  • Alpena Fire Department
    ImageCollection       The Alpena Fire Department's sleigh and horse team crossing the Second Avenue Bridge from the north during the winter. The now Alpena Furniture store is in the background.
    ImageCollection     The Alpena Fire Department's sleigh and horse team crossing the Second Avenue Bridge from the north during the winter. The now Alpena Furniture store is in the background.
  • Beebe Block
    Image       Beebe Block, corner of 2nd Avenue and Washington Avenue, Alpena Michigan, 1894.
    Image     Beebe Block, corner of 2nd Avenue and Washington Avenue, Alpena Michigan, 1894.
  • C. Moench Sons' Company
    Image       By 1890, the lumber industry was in decline. New industries cropped up based on wood as a resource. They used hardwoods and pulpwoods previously ignored. Moench Tannery was one of these new industries. C. Moench Sons' Tannery Company was first operated by John C. and Henry L. Moench of Cattaraugus, ...
    Image     By 1890, the lumber industry was in decline. New industries cropped up based on wood as a resource. They used hardwoods and pulpwoods previously ignored. Moench Tannery was one of ...
  • Cattle Brands
    TextImage       Registration for cattle brands adopted by David Mulvena, 1899, and William Mulvena, 1903.
    TextImage     Registration for cattle brands adopted by David Mulvena, 1899, and William Mulvena, 1903.
  • Cohen Block
    Image       Cohen Block and store, North 2nd Avenue, 1895.
    Image     Cohen Block and store, North 2nd Avenue, 1895.
  • Cook Camp at Precour Hill
    Image       Cook Camp at Precour Hill, 1897.
    Image     Cook Camp at Precour Hill, 1897.
  • Davison Block
    Image       Davison Block, East Chisholm Street, Alpena, Michigan. Ellis's Laundry on right.
    Image     Davison Block, East Chisholm Street, Alpena, Michigan. Ellis's Laundry on right.
  • Downtown Alpena
    ImageCollection       Second Avenue looking north with the Maltz Theatre in the center to the right. St. Mary's Catholic Church steeple is in the far background.
    ImageCollection     Second Avenue looking north with the Maltz Theatre in the center to the right. St. Mary's Catholic Church steeple is in the far background.
  • Downtown Alpena
    ImageCollection       Second Avenue, looking south, in Downtown Alpena. Maltz Theatre is on the left.
    ImageCollection     Second Avenue, looking south, in Downtown Alpena. Maltz Theatre is on the left.
  • Downtown Alpena
    Image       Chisholm Street, looking West, Alpena, Mich.
    Image     Chisholm Street, looking West, Alpena, Mich.
  • Elks Club Party
    Image       Elks Club costume party on November 30, 1899.
    Image     Elks Club costume party on November 30, 1899.
  • Fletcher Camp - Loading Logs On Pile
    Image       Loggers loading logs on pile at Fletcher lumber camp in the summer.
    Image     Loggers loading logs on pile at Fletcher lumber camp in the summer.
  • Fletcher Office Building
    Image       The Fletcher Office Building was originally a bath house built by the Alpena Magnetic Sulphur Springs Company in 1892. Mineral water was supplied by a 1,276 foot flowing well on the property. It was not a success and closed after just a few years. The building was purchased by the ...
    Image     The Fletcher Office Building was originally a bath house built by the Alpena Magnetic Sulphur Springs Company in 1892. Mineral water was supplied by a 1,276 foot flowing well on ...
  • Four Mile Dam
    Image       Four Mile Dam, Thunder Bay River, Alpena, Michigan, 1898.
    Image     Four Mile Dam, Thunder Bay River, Alpena, Michigan, 1898.
  • Log Marks
    TextImage       Log mark for Alpena Hoop Company in Alpena, Michigan, 1897.
    TextImage     Log mark for Alpena Hoop Company in Alpena, Michigan, 1897.
  • Log Marks
    TextImage       Log mark for the Alpena Hoop Lumber Company in Alpena, Michigan, 1898.
    TextImage     Log mark for the Alpena Hoop Lumber Company in Alpena, Michigan, 1898.
  • Log Marks
    TextImage       Log mark or marks for Herman Besser in Alpena, Michigan, 1894.
    TextImage     Log mark or marks for Herman Besser in Alpena, Michigan, 1894.
  • Log Marks
    TextImage       Log mark or marks for The Besser-Churchill Co. in Alpena, Michigan, 1899.
    TextImage     Log mark or marks for The Besser-Churchill Co. in Alpena, Michigan, 1899.
Search within these results
Sort
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit