Results

We found
162
matching items
Geographic Location
Alpena
  
Decade
1900-1909
  
  • Ken Smith Postcard Collection
        Postcards and photographs from Alpena and Presque Isle Counties from late 1800's to mid 1900's
      Postcards and photographs from Alpena and Presque Isle Counties from late 1800's ...
  • Alpena and Western Railway Account Ledger
        Account Ledger for the Alpena and Western Railway Company recorded by secretary and treasurer Thomas N. Goodburne of Detroit. This railway ran 200 miles from Alpena to Frankfort, Michigan starting in 1901 to early 1900s.
      Account Ledger for the Alpena and Western Railway Company recorded by secretary ...
  • Old Foot Bridge to Breaking Gap, Thunder Bay River
        Old foot bridge to the breaking gap on the Thunder Bay River, Alpena, Michigan, 1908.
      Old foot bridge to the breaking gap on the Thunder Bay River, ...
  • Churchill School Teachers
        The Churchill School was a two-story brick six-room building erected in 1896 and was first named the Garfield School. It was located on Washington Avenue. The school was destroyed by fire in 1946.
      The Churchill School was a two-story brick six-room building erected in 1896 ...
  • Fletcher Paper Company
        During January 1898, George N. Fletcher and Sons commenced the erection of a large paper mill on Fletcher Street near Pine Street opposite their Sulphite Paper Pulp factory. The first paper was made on January 7, 1899 and was manila paper. The factory closed in the December 2000.
      During January 1898, George N. Fletcher and Sons commenced the erection of ...
  • Fletcher Paper Company
        During January 1898, George N. Fletcher and Sons commenced the erection of a large paper mill on Fletcher Street near Pine Street opposite their Sulphite Paper Pulp factory. The first paper was made on January 7, 1899 and was manila paper. The factory closed in the December 2000.
      During January 1898, George N. Fletcher and Sons commenced the erection of ...
  • Fletcher Paper Company
        During January 1898, George N. Fletcher and Sons commenced the erection of a large paper mill on Fletcher Street near Pine Street opposite their Sulphite Paper Pulp factory. The first paper was made on January 7, 1899 and was manila paper. The factory closed in the December 2000.
      During January 1898, George N. Fletcher and Sons commenced the erection of ...
  • Alpena Portland Cement Company
        Not to be confused with Huron Portland Cement, the Alpena Portland Cement Company began production in 1901. It was located on the bay just north of the city limits. After closing for seasonal repairs in 1909, the company never reopened.
      Not to be confused with Huron Portland Cement, the Alpena Portland Cement ...
  • Michigan Alkali Quarry
        The Michigan Alkali Company opened a quarry in Alpena, and the first shipment of limestone left in 1903. There was much waste in their production. J. B. Ford, Vice-President of the company, found a solution - make cement from the "waste." The Huron Portland Cement Company was formed, and cement ...
      The Michigan Alkali Company opened a quarry in Alpena, and the first ...
  • Union Hotel Kitchen
        The 1900 Alpena City Directory listed 28 saloons in the City of Alpena. One was located in the Union Hotel at the junction of W. Washington and Second Avenues. Edward Fitzpatrick was the owner.
      The 1900 Alpena City Directory listed 28 saloons in the City of ...
  • St. Paul Lutheran Church School Students
        St. Paul Lutheran Church School students taken next to the church which burned on March 29, 1923. Arthur Linke is shown in the back row, far right, c 1900.
      St. Paul Lutheran Church School students taken next to the church which ...
  • E.C. Spens Drug Store
        Edward C Spens, in his drugstore, dealt in a variety of items according to the Alpena City Directory. These included not only drugs, but paints, oils, and wallpaper.
      Edward C Spens, in his drugstore, dealt in a variety of items ...
  • Taber Tannery
        The Taber Tannery was built in 1895 on the north side of Thunder Bay River, near the Ninth Street Dam and railroad, close to the hemlock extract works. It was named the Alpena Hide and Leather Tannery. Production began when a shipment of 1,400 hides arrived from Brazil.
      The Taber Tannery was built in 1895 on the north side of ...
  • Downtown Alpena
        Bird's Eye View of Alpena, Mich., looking East.
      Bird's Eye View of Alpena, Mich., looking East.
  • Alpena City View along the Thunder Bay River
        "South from Fletcher Tower, June 2, 1907"
      "South from Fletcher Tower, June 2, 1907"
  • At the Mouth of the Thunder Bay River
        "Gilchrist Mill and Log Pond, 1907"
      "Gilchrist Mill and Log Pond, 1907"
  • Logs for Island Mill in the Thunder Bay River
        "Island Mill Log Bank, Jan 5, 1908"
      "Island Mill Log Bank, Jan 5, 1908"
  • Alpena City Water Pumping Station
        "Old Broadwell Street Pumping Station of Alpena City Water Company, Mar [March] 22, 1908"
      "Old Broadwell Street Pumping Station of Alpena City Water Company, Mar [March] ...
  • Ox-Bow Log Jam
        "Ox-Bow, May 10, 1908"
      "Ox-Bow, May 10, 1908"
  • Sewer Pipe Installation
        "Start of Saginaw Street Sewer at River, 1902"
      "Start of Saginaw Street Sewer at River, 1902"
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit