Results

We found
100
matching items
Media Types
Images  
  
Decade
1900-1909
  
  • Downtown Alpena
        Bird's Eye View of Alpena, Mich., looking East.
      Bird's Eye View of Alpena, Mich., looking East.
  • Alpena County Courthouse
        This Alpena County Courthouse was built on Chisholm Street (between Eighth and Ninth Streets) in 1888 and was destroyed by fire in 1932.
      This Alpena County Courthouse was built on Chisholm Street (between Eighth and ...
  • Alpena County Courthouse
        This Alpena County Courthouse was built on Chisholm Street (between Eighth and Ninth Streets) in 1888 and was destroyed by fire in 1932.
      This Alpena County Courthouse was built on Chisholm Street (between Eighth and ...
  • C. Moench Sons' Tannery Company
        C. Moench Sons' Tannery Company operated by John C. and Henry L. Moench of Cattaraugus, NY, and William Kreb. The tannery was located at the end of Washington Avenue, west of Alpena.
      C. Moench Sons' Tannery Company operated by John C. and Henry L. ...
  • Beck Block
        Beck Block, corner of Chisholm Street and 3rd Avenue, Alpena, Michigan.
      Beck Block, corner of Chisholm Street and 3rd Avenue, Alpena, Michigan.
  • Hanover Block
        Hanover Block, 1905. Built 1904. North Second Avenue, downtown Alpena, Michigan. Joseph H. Cobb, lawyer, second story. B. H. Young storefront on left. Godfrey Dentist in middle. Montgomery Ward opened in this building in 1938.
      Hanover Block, 1905. Built 1904. North Second Avenue, downtown Alpena, Michigan. Joseph ...
  • Masonic Block
        Masonic Block, 1906, South Second Avenue, downtown Alpena, Michigan, Edwards store (left), D. D. Hanover (Buggies & Harness shop), Sinclair Company. Holmes Grocery Store is on far left with peak tower (built 1894)
      Masonic Block, 1906, South Second Avenue, downtown Alpena, Michigan, Edwards store (left), ...
  • Four Mile Dam Cinder Path, Thunder Bay River
        Cinder path to Four Mile Dam, Alpena County, Michigan. Taken August 9, 1908.
      Cinder path to Four Mile Dam, Alpena County, Michigan. Taken August 9, ...
  • Alpena Industrial Works
        Alpena City Directory ad for Alpena Industrial Works near the turn of the century.
      Alpena City Directory ad for Alpena Industrial Works near the turn of ...
  • Cattle Brands
        Registration for cattle brand adopted by A. S. Roger(s).
      Registration for cattle brand adopted by A. S. Roger(s).
  • Alpena Portland Cement Company
        Not to be confused with Huron Portland Cement, the Alpena Portland Cement Company began production in 1901. It was located on the bay just north of the city limits. After closing for seasonal repairs in 1909, the company never reopened.
      Not to be confused with Huron Portland Cement, the Alpena Portland Cement ...
  • Michigan Alkali Quarry
        The Michigan Alkali Company opened a quarry in Alpena, and the first shipment of limestone left in 1903. There was much waste in their production. J. B. Ford, Vice-President of the company, found a solution - make cement from the "waste." The Huron Portland Cement Company was formed, and cement ...
      The Michigan Alkali Company opened a quarry in Alpena, and the first ...
  • Alpena Fire Department Wagon and Horse Team
        Alpena Fire Department Wagon and Horse Team.
      Alpena Fire Department Wagon and Horse Team.
  • Eales Brothers and Company Manufacturing Plant
        The Eales Brothers and Company Shingle and Tie Mill began operation in 1895 on the corner of Oldfield and Ninth Streets. Their office was at 336 North Second Avenue. It was operated by Allan and John Eales and George McRae.
      The Eales Brothers and Company Shingle and Tie Mill began operation in ...
  • Fletcher Lumber Camp Crew
        Fletcher lumber camp crew and family members posing outside in the winter.
      Fletcher lumber camp crew and family members posing outside in the winter.
  • Alpena Central High School Students
        The Alpena Central High School replaced the Union School and was built in 1891 at a cost of $31,800. Grades 4, 5, and 6 were on the first floor, while the high school was on the second floor.
      The Alpena Central High School replaced the Union School and was built ...
  • Fletcher Office Building
        The Fletcher Office Building was originally a bath house built by the Alpena Magnetic Sulphur Springs Company in 1892. Mineral water was supplied by a 1,276 foot flowing well on the property. It was not a success and closed after just a few years. The building was purchased by the ...
      The Fletcher Office Building was originally a bath house built by the ...
  • Richardson Dam
        Richardson Dam, originally Oldfield Dam, across the Thunder Bay River near Tenth Street, Alpena, Michigan, Winter 1900.
      Richardson Dam, originally Oldfield Dam, across the Thunder Bay River near Tenth ...
  • Richardson Dam
        Richardson Dam, originally Oldfield Dam, across the Thunder Bay River near Tenth Street, Alpena, Michigan, 1900.
      Richardson Dam, originally Oldfield Dam, across the Thunder Bay River near Tenth ...
  • Lumbering in Alpena
        A group of lumberjacks, holding cant hooks, are either pulling logs from the river or putting them into the river for transporting them. (Possibly Thunder Bay River in Alpena County.)
      A group of lumberjacks, holding cant hooks, are either pulling logs from ...
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit