Results

We found
20
matching items
Geographic Location
Alpena
  
Decade
1930-1939
  
  • Boys' Club Model Plane Builders
        Front of Postcard: Constructive Leisure Time at the Boys' Club Model Plane Builders Back of Postcard: Postmark: Alpena, Mich., Apr 20, 1934, 6:30a. To: R.E. Wilson, 3rd Ave. & River, Alpena, Michigan The Boys' Club Keeps Them Busy One hundred and fifty one boys have been given instructions n various ...
      Front of Postcard: Constructive Leisure Time at the Boys' Club Model Plane ...
  • Rotary Dance Group
        A "chorus line" from a show put on by the Alpena Rotary International Club.
      A "chorus line" from a show put on by the Alpena Rotary ...
  • Rotary Dance Team
        Cast members from a show put on by the Alpena Rotary International Club.
      Cast members from a show put on by the Alpena Rotary International ...
  • Franklin School Students
        Construction of the Franklin School began on July 28, 1880. Located on Lockwood Street, the building was later used as St. Anne's Catholic Church Parish Hall.
      Construction of the Franklin School began on July 28, 1880. Located on ...
  • Alpena F.O.E. Baseball Team
        Alpena's Fraternal Order of Eagles Baseball Team
      Alpena's Fraternal Order of Eagles Baseball Team
  • City of Alpena, Aerial View
        "Alpena, looking West, July 18, 1937"
      "Alpena, looking West, July 18, 1937"
  • Downtown Alpena
        "South Second at Chisholm, 1930s"
      "South Second at Chisholm, 1930s"
  • St. Anne's School Fire
        Burning of the third floor of St. Anne's School on December 10, 1936.
      Burning of the third floor of St. Anne's School on December 10, ...
  • Cass School
        The Cass School was located on Sable Street, between Fifth and Sixth Streets. It is currently a private residence.
      The Cass School was located on Sable Street, between Fifth and Sixth ...
  • Feeding Sheep
        Farmer feeding sheep on a farm believed to be in Alpena County, Michigan.
      Farmer feeding sheep on a farm believed to be in Alpena County, ...
  • Linke's "Flagpole"
        Linke and Son Florists had greenhouses on Mirre Street and on West Washington Avenue.
      Linke and Son Florists had greenhouses on Mirre Street and on West ...
  • Alpena Central High School
        Alpena Central High School c1939
      Alpena Central High School c1939
  • Federal Building
        The U.S. Federal Building during winter, along the Thunder Bay River in Alpena, Michigan. Showing front view.
      The U.S. Federal Building during winter, along the Thunder Bay River in ...
  • Aerial view of Alpena's Fish Hatchery and land behind City Hall.
        Aerial view showing section between the corner of State Street and Chisholm Street to land behind City Hall close to the Thunder Bay River in Alpena, Michigan.
      Aerial view showing section between the corner of State Street and Chisholm ...
  • Federal Building
        Earl Girard was hired by the WPA in the mid to late 1930s to write histories of the Alpena area. This is his history of the U.S. Federal Building in Alpena, Michigan.
      Earl Girard was hired by the WPA in the mid to late ...
  • Log Marks
        Log mark for Henry Arlt in Alpena, Michigan, 1938.
      Log mark for Henry Arlt in Alpena, Michigan, 1938.
  • Arthur (of Albert) Linke and Margaret Linke
        Art Linke and Margaret Linke, brother and sister, posing during figure skating, probably during Winter Carnival.
      Art Linke and Margaret Linke, brother and sister, posing during figure skating, ...
  • Michekewis Beach and Park
        Mich-e-ke-wis Beach and Park was named for a Chippewa Indian Chief who lived in the Alpena area. The Alpena Winter Sports Carnival was held here beginning in 1935. It still is a favorite recreation spot.
      Mich-e-ke-wis Beach and Park was named for a Chippewa Indian Chief who ...
  • Michigan State Police Motorcycle Team, c 1930s
        Michigan State Police motorcycle team.
      Michigan State Police motorcycle team.
  • Chisholm Street Bridge
        Two women posing along the edge of the Thunder Bay River, east of the Chisholm Street Bridge, Alpena, Michigan, in 1939. This bridge was built in 1932 and was named the George Washington Memorial Bridge in recognition of the bicentennial anniversary of George Washington's birth in 1732.
      Two women posing along the edge of the Thunder Bay River, east ...
Search within these results
Sort
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit