Results

We found
31
matching items
Media Types
Collections  
  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Churchill House
    ImageCollection       Originally the Fletcher House, this hotel was moved in 1887 about a block to be positioned between First and Waters Street (present location of City Hall) and turned facing away from the bay. It was officially reopened as the Churchill House on May 2, 1888. The Churchill House burned April ...
    ImageCollection     Originally the Fletcher House, this hotel was moved in 1887 about a block to be positioned between First and Waters Street (present location of City Hall) and turned facing away ...
  • Clowns
    ImageCollection       Harry Alec, Ralph Alec, and Eddie Everty dressed as clowns.
    ImageCollection     Harry Alec, Ralph Alec, and Eddie Everty dressed as clowns.
  • Churchill House
    ImageCollection       Originally the Fletcher House, this hotel was moved in 1887 about a block to be positioned between First and Waters Street (present location of City Hall) and turned facing away from the bay. It was officially reopened as the Churchill House on May 2, 1888. The Churchill House burned April ...
    ImageCollection     Originally the Fletcher House, this hotel was moved in 1887 about a block to be positioned between First and Waters Street (present location of City Hall) and turned facing away ...
  • Michikewis Bathing Pavilion
    ImageCollection       On June 2, 1924, Stoney Point Camping Grounds was officially renamed to Mich-e-ke-wis, named after Chief Mich-e-ke-wis meaning "Spirit of the Wind." On July 29, 1926, there was a formal opening of the bathing pavilion.
    ImageCollection     On June 2, 1924, Stoney Point Camping Grounds was officially renamed to Mich-e-ke-wis, named after Chief Mich-e-ke-wis meaning "Spirit of the Wind." On July 29, 1926, there was a formal ...
  • Alpena County Jail
    ImageCollection       The Alpena County Jail was located across from the Alpena County Courthouse on Chisholm Street near Ninth Avenue. It was built in 1887 of Alpena limestone at a cost of $10,000.
    ImageCollection     The Alpena County Jail was located across from the Alpena County Courthouse on Chisholm Street near Ninth Avenue. It was built in 1887 of Alpena limestone at a cost of ...
  • Alpena Business College
    ImageCollection       The Alpena Business College, at the corner of First Avenue and River Street, operated from about 1899 to 1920. Mrs. Mary Veenfliet was the proprietor.
    ImageCollection     The Alpena Business College, at the corner of First Avenue and River Street, operated from about 1899 to 1920. Mrs. Mary Veenfliet was the proprietor.
  • Alpena Board of Commerce Band
    ImageCollection       The Alpena Board of Commerce Band in uniform standing in front of City Hall.
    ImageCollection     The Alpena Board of Commerce Band in uniform standing in front of City Hall.
  • Beck's Brewery
    ImageCollection       Beck's Brewery was built in 1887 and was located on First Avenue in the center of the block between Chisholm Street and Park Place. If was owned by John Beck. Prohibition halted production in 1918. After being a storage building for numerous years, the building was razed in 1957.
    ImageCollection     Beck's Brewery was built in 1887 and was located on First Avenue in the center of the block between Chisholm Street and Park Place. If was owned by John Beck. ...
  • Downtown Alpena
    ImageCollection       Second Avenue looking north with the Maltz Theatre in the center to the right. St. Mary's Catholic Church steeple is in the far background.
    ImageCollection     Second Avenue looking north with the Maltz Theatre in the center to the right. St. Mary's Catholic Church steeple is in the far background.
  • St. Bernard's Catholic Church (first)
    ImageCollection       The first St. Bernard's Church was organized and erected under the direction of Reverend Father Murray in 1868 on the north side of Chisholm street near its present location. The new church was built between 1880 and 1883.
    ImageCollection     The first St. Bernard's Church was organized and erected under the direction of Reverend Father Murray in 1868 on the north side of Chisholm street near its present location. The ...
  • Clown Wagon in 1925 Parade
    ImageCollection       O'Callaghan Bros. Welcome - Farmers and - Guarantee Bully Drug Store Service
    ImageCollection     O'Callaghan Bros. Welcome - Farmers and - Guarantee Bully Drug Store Service
  • Ann Taber's Finding Alpena's Roots
    AudioImageTextCollection       This marrated slide show was a group project for a graduate class offered though Central Michigan University. It reviews and explains some of the resources available to study the history and people of Alpena.
    AudioImageTextCollection     This marrated slide show was a group project for a graduate class offered though Central Michigan University. It reviews and explains some of the resources available to study the history ...
  • Crystal Ice Company Wagon
    ImageCollection       Crystal Ice Company wagon in front of New York Saloon at an unknown location.
    ImageCollection     Crystal Ice Company wagon in front of New York Saloon at an unknown location.
  • Alpena Board of Commerce Band
    ImageCollection       photo by Garlock [sp?] U.S.S. Arizona Oct. 17 - 1923
    ImageCollection     photo by Garlock [sp?] U.S.S. Arizona Oct. 17 - 1923
  • Evergreen Cemetery Chapel
    ImageCollection       The Chapel at Evergreen Cemetery on Washington Avenue near the Thunder Bay River in Alpena.
    ImageCollection     The Chapel at Evergreen Cemetery on Washington Avenue near the Thunder Bay River in Alpena.
  • PEWABIC Copper
    ImageCollection       Stacks of copper salvaged from the passenger vessel PEWABIC, which sank from a collision with the METEOR in 1865.
    ImageCollection     Stacks of copper salvaged from the passenger vessel PEWABIC, which sank from a collision with the METEOR in 1865.
  • Thunder Bay River
    ImageCollection       The Thunder Bay River at Alpena showing schooners and lumber stacks stretched along the river banks.
    ImageCollection     The Thunder Bay River at Alpena showing schooners and lumber stacks stretched along the river banks.
  • Thunder Bay River
    ImageCollection       The Thunder Bay River at Alpena showing schooners and lumber stacks stretched along the river banks.
    ImageCollection     The Thunder Bay River at Alpena showing schooners and lumber stacks stretched along the river banks.
  • Churchill Lumber Company Vessel W.J. CARTER
    ImageCollection       The W.J. CARTER was built in 1886 and came under the ownership of the Churchill Lumber Company, Alpena, in 1907 until about 1913. Here the CARTER sits in the Thunder Bay River being loaded with lumber.
    ImageCollection     The W.J. CARTER was built in 1886 and came under the ownership of the Churchill Lumber Company, Alpena, in 1907 until about 1913. Here the CARTER sits in the Thunder ...
  • Downtown Alpena
    ImageCollection       Second Avenue, looking south, in Downtown Alpena. Maltz Theatre is on the left.
    ImageCollection     Second Avenue, looking south, in Downtown Alpena. Maltz Theatre is on the left.
Search within these results
Sort
Contributors
Media Types
Groups
Years
18601860186118621863186418651866186718681869
18701870187118721873187418751876187718781879
18801880188118821883188418851886188718881889
18901890189118921893189418951896189718981899
19001900190119021903190419051906190719081909
19101910191119121913191419151916191719181919
19201920192119221923192419251926192719281929
19301930193119321933193419351936193719381939
19401940194119421943194419451946194719481949
19501950195119521953195419551956195719581959
19601960196119621963196419651966196719681969
19701970197119721973197419751976197719781979
Map
Map of locations associated with these items. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit