Results

We found
24
matching items
Media Types
Images  
  
  • Obed Smith School
        The Obed Smith School was built at the corner of North Second Avenue and Spratt Street in 1883, and burned in 1922.
      The Obed Smith School was built at the corner of North Second ...
  • Baldwin School
        The Baldwin School was built in 1884 and renovated several times. It was located on Baldwin Street between State and First Avenues.
      The Baldwin School was built in 1884 and renovated several times. It ...
  • Franklin School
        in 1880, the three-room Franklin School was built for $1,350; another room was added in 1884 for $1,824. The school was located on Lockwood Street between 9th and 10th Avenues. After closing, the building was used as a parish hall by St. Anne's Church.
      in 1880, the three-room Franklin School was built for $1,350; another room ...
  • Lockwood School
        Lockwood School was built in the 1890s with three rooms being added in 1895. The upper story burned in 1918 and was not replaced. It was located on the southeast corner of of Fourth and Lewis Streets.
      Lockwood School was built in the 1890s with three rooms being added ...
  • Jefferson School
        The Jefferson School was built on the corner of Oldfield and Pine Streets prior to 1883 and was originally named just the Third Ward School. By 1887, it had become the Jefferson School. On March 10, 1888, the original building burned, and a new, larger Queen Anne Style school was ...
      The Jefferson School was built on the corner of Oldfield and Pine ...
  • Churchill School Students
        A group of elementary school students on the steps of Churchill School. Children were born between 1900 and 1904.
      A group of elementary school students on the steps of Churchill School. ...
  • Churchill School Teachers
        The Churchill School was a two-story brick six-room building erected in 1896 and was first named the Garfield School. It was located on Washington Avenue. The school was destroyed by fire in 1946.
      The Churchill School was a two-story brick six-room building erected in 1896 ...
  • Franklin School Students
        Construction of the Franklin School began on July 28, 1880. Located on Lockwood Street, the building was later used as St. Anne's Catholic Church Parish Hall.
      Construction of the Franklin School began on July 28, 1880. Located on ...
  • Obed Smith School Students
        Elementary students and teacher of the Obed Smith School in c1895. The school was built at the corner of North Second Avenue and Spratt Street in 1883, and burned in 1922.
      Elementary students and teacher of the Obed Smith School in c1895. The ...
  • Union School
        The construction of the Union School began in 1868 and was completed in 1870. It was located on the block between First, Second, Dunbar, and White Streets. It was comprised of primary, secondary, junior, and senior classes. It was replaced by three other school buildings throughout the 1900s. The block ...
      The construction of the Union School began in 1868 and was completed ...
  • Unknown building
        Unknown building. Labelled as Garfield School, but believed to be labelled wrong.
      Unknown building. Labelled as Garfield School, but believed to be labelled wrong.
  • Lockwood School Students
        Lockwood Elementary School students. Lockwood school was located at 234 West Lewis Street in Alpena, Michigan.
      Lockwood Elementary School students. Lockwood school was located at 234 West Lewis ...
  • Alpena Central High School
        Alpena Central High School. "The new building was modern as of the period...it had a circular tower of stone cut in the Alpena stone quarries. The old bell...was installed in the tower. The front of the building was of cut stone and the remainder brick. It was a two-story building ...
      Alpena Central High School. "The new building was modern as of the ...
  • Alpena High School
        Front: Alpena High School
      Front: Alpena High School
  • St. Paul Lutheran Church School Students, 1895
        The elementary students of St. Paul Lutheran Church School in 1895 pictured outside of the church.
      The elementary students of St. Paul Lutheran Church School in 1895 pictured ...
  • St. Paul Lutheran Church School Students, 1899
        The elementary students of St. Paul Lutheran Church School on March 24, 1899 pictured outside of the church.
      The elementary students of St. Paul Lutheran Church School on March 24, ...
  • Alpena Central High School Fire
        The burning of the Alpena Central High School on April 14, 1940.
      The burning of the Alpena Central High School on April 14, 1940.
  • Alpena Central High School Fire
        The burning of the Alpena Central High School on April 14, 1940.
      The burning of the Alpena Central High School on April 14, 1940.
  • Alpena Central High School Fire
        The burning of the Alpena Central High School on April 14, 1940.
      The burning of the Alpena Central High School on April 14, 1940.
  • Cass School Students
        Elementary students as Cass School. The Cass School was located on Sable Street, between Fifth and Sixth Streets. It is currently a private residence.
      Elementary students as Cass School. The Cass School was located on Sable ...
Search within these results
Sort
Contributors
Media Types
Groups
Years
1870s1870187118721873187418751876187718781879
1880s1880188118821883188418851886188718881889
1890s1890189118921893189418951896189718981899
1900s1900190119021903190419051906190719081909
1910s1910191119121913191419151916191719181919
19201920192119221923192419251926192719281929
1930s1930193119321933193419351936193719381939
1940s1940194119421943194419451946194719481949
1950s1950195119521953195419551956195719581959
Features
Map
Map of locations associated with these items. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit