Results

We found
964
matching items
Geographic Location
Alpena
  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Widdis Bus
    Image       Widdis Transfer and Storage Company was owned and operated by Fred G. Widdis. His business card advertised "Passenger, baggage and freight transferred to and from all trains, boats and any part of the city"...Special attention given to theatrical and traveling men's baggage"..."Notice: look for the new jitney bus and baggage ...
    Image     Widdis Transfer and Storage Company was owned and operated by Fred G. Widdis. His business card advertised "Passenger, baggage and freight transferred to and from all trains, boats and any ...
  • St. Paul Lutheran Church School Students
    Image       St. Paul Lutheran Church School students taken next to the church which burned on March 29, 1923. Arthur Linke is shown in the back row, far right, c 1900.
    Image     St. Paul Lutheran Church School students taken next to the church which burned on March 29, 1923. Arthur Linke is shown in the back row, far right, c 1900.
  • Fletcher Office Building
    Image       The Fletcher Office Building was originally a bath house built by the Alpena Magnetic Sulphur Springs Company in 1892. Mineral water was supplied by a 1,276 foot flowing well on the property. It was not a success and closed after just a few years. The building was purchased by the ...
    Image     The Fletcher Office Building was originally a bath house built by the Alpena Magnetic Sulphur Springs Company in 1892. Mineral water was supplied by a 1,276 foot flowing well on ...
  • Submarine U097 at Thunder Bay Milling Company Dock
    Image       This captured WWI German submarine was part of a traveling exhibit in 1919. It is docked in this image at the Thunder Bay Milling Company dock in the Thunder Bay River. A WWI tank was also on exhibit.
    Image     This captured WWI German submarine was part of a traveling exhibit in 1919. It is docked in this image at the Thunder Bay Milling Company dock in the Thunder Bay ...
  • Taber Tannery Crew
    Image       The Taber Tannery was built in 1895 on the north side of Thunder Bay River, near the Ninth Street Dam and railroad, close to the hemlock extract works. It was named the Alpena Hide and Leather Tannery. Production began when a shipment of 1,400 hides arrived from Brazil.
    Image     The Taber Tannery was built in 1895 on the north side of Thunder Bay River, near the Ninth Street Dam and railroad, close to the hemlock extract works. It was ...
  • Taber Tannery Chimney Demolition
    Image       Preparing to demolish the Taber Tannery chimney. As businesses came and went, it became necessary to demolish buildings and clear land. The easiest way to demolish a chimney was with dynamite. The bricks would be re-used.
    Image     Preparing to demolish the Taber Tannery chimney. As businesses came and went, it became necessary to demolish buildings and clear land. The easiest way to demolish a chimney was with ...
  • Arthur Linke at Tractor Show
    Image       Arthur Linke at Tractor Show, Alpena County.
    Image     Arthur Linke at Tractor Show, Alpena County.
  • Linke's Antiques
    ImageCollection       Antiques owned by Arthur Linke, including clocks, glassware, tools, record players, lamps, and an instrument player from the North Tonawanda Musical Instrument Works.
    ImageCollection     Antiques owned by Arthur Linke, including clocks, glassware, tools, record players, lamps, and an instrument player from the North Tonawanda Musical Instrument Works.
  • E.C. Spens Drug Store
    Image       Edward C Spens, in his drugstore, dealt in a variety of items according to the Alpena City Directory. These included not only drugs, but paints, oils, and wallpaper.
    Image     Edward C Spens, in his drugstore, dealt in a variety of items according to the Alpena City Directory. These included not only drugs, but paints, oils, and wallpaper.
  • Taber Tannery
    Image       The Taber Tannery was built in 1895 on the north side of Thunder Bay River, near the Ninth Street Dam and railroad, close to the hemlock extract works. It was named the Alpena Hide and Leather Tannery. Production began when a shipment of 1,400 hides arrived from Brazil.
    Image     The Taber Tannery was built in 1895 on the north side of Thunder Bay River, near the Ninth Street Dam and railroad, close to the hemlock extract works. It was ...
  • Fletcher Office Building
    Image       The Fletcher Office Building was originally a bath house built by the Alpena Magnetic Sulphur Springs Company in 1892. Mineral water was supplied by a 1,276 foot flowing well on the property. It was not a success and closed after just a few years. The building was purchased by the ...
    Image     The Fletcher Office Building was originally a bath house built by the Alpena Magnetic Sulphur Springs Company in 1892. Mineral water was supplied by a 1,276 foot flowing well on ...
  • Linke Cemetery Plot
    Image       The Linke Family plot in the original portion of Evergreen Cemetery in section A-170. Visible are the grave markers of Hannah D. Linke who was buried on March 16, 1938 and Alfred Julius Linke who was buried on May 17, 1937.
    Image     The Linke Family plot in the original portion of Evergreen Cemetery in section A-170. Visible are the grave markers of Hannah D. Linke who was buried on March 16, 1938 ...
  • Vessels JOHN T. GREENE and RALPH at mouth of Thunder Bay River
    Image       The 2-mast schooner JOHN L. GREENE and tug RALPH anchored at the mouth of the Thunder Bay River in 1894. The RALPH was one of a small fleet of tugs owned by the Gilchrist and Fletcher Company. AT the time of the photograph, the GREENE was owned by D.D. Ludwig ...
    Image     The 2-mast schooner JOHN L. GREENE and tug RALPH anchored at the mouth of the Thunder Bay River in 1894. The RALPH was one of a small fleet of tugs ...
  • Residential Area of Second Avenue
    Image       Second Avenue, believed to be north of Dunbar Street looking south, showing the residential portion as a wide, tree-lined street.
    Image     Second Avenue, believed to be north of Dunbar Street looking south, showing the residential portion as a wide, tree-lined street.
  • St. Paul Lutheran Church
    Image       This St.Paul Lutheran Church was built on South Second Avenue in 1890, and destroyed by fire on March 29, 1923. The current building replaced it 3 years later.
    Image     This St.Paul Lutheran Church was built on South Second Avenue in 1890, and destroyed by fire on March 29, 1923. The current building replaced it 3 years later.
  • Mystic Shrine
    Image       The men of the Mystic Shrine photographed on July 27, 1895. Commonly known as the Shriners, the full name of this fraternal organization is the Ancient Arabic Order of the Nobles of the Mystic Shrine.
    Image     The men of the Mystic Shrine photographed on July 27, 1895. Commonly known as the Shriners, the full name of this fraternal organization is the Ancient Arabic Order of the ...
  • Obed Smith School Students
    Image       Elementary students and teacher of the Obed Smith School in c1895. The school was built at the corner of North Second Avenue and Spratt Street in 1883, and burned in 1922.
    Image     Elementary students and teacher of the Obed Smith School in c1895. The school was built at the corner of North Second Avenue and Spratt Street in 1883, and burned in ...
  • St. Paul Lutheran Church School Students, 1895
    Image       The elementary students of St. Paul Lutheran Church School in 1895 pictured outside of the church.
    Image     The elementary students of St. Paul Lutheran Church School in 1895 pictured outside of the church.
  • St. Paul Lutheran Church School Students, 1899
    Image       The elementary students of St. Paul Lutheran Church School on March 24, 1899 pictured outside of the church.
    Image     The elementary students of St. Paul Lutheran Church School on March 24, 1899 pictured outside of the church.
  • School Students
    Image       Probably St. Paul Lutheran Church School Students posing outside of new church building, c 1926.
    Image     Probably St. Paul Lutheran Church School Students posing outside of new church building, c 1926.
Search within these results
Sort
Contributors
Media Types
Groups
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Years
18201820182118221823182418251826182718281829
18301830183118321833183418351836183718381839
18401840184118421843184418451846184718481849
18501850185118521853185418551856185718581859
18601860186118621863186418651866186718681869
18701870187118721873187418751876187718781879
18801880188118821883188418851886188718881889
18901890189118921893189418951896189718981899
19001900190119021903190419051906190719081909
19101910191119121913191419151916191719181919
19201920192119221923192419251926192719281929
19301930193119321933193419351936193719381939
19401940194119421943194419451946194719481949
19501950195119521953195419551956195719581959
19601960196119621963196419651966196719681969
19701970197119721973197419751976197719781979
19801980198119821983198419851986198719881989
19901990199119921993199419951996199719981999
20002000200120022003200420052006200720082009
20102010201120122013201420152016201720182019
Features
Map
Map of locations associated with these items. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit