Ann Taber Collection
Records

Results

We found
124
matching items
  • Hotel Cobden
        The Hotel Cobden began as the Golling House at 133 West River Street in Alpena. Charles Golling sold it and moved to Romeo, Michigan. In 1899, it was re-opened as the Hotel Caobden.
      The Hotel Cobden began as the Golling House at 133 West River ...
  • Mineral Bath House / Fletcher Office Building
        The Fletcher Office Building was originally a bath house built by the Alpena Magnetic Sulphur Springs Company in 1892. Mineral water was supplied by a 1,276 foot flowing well on the property. It was not a success and closed after just a few years. The building was purchased by the ...
      The Fletcher Office Building was originally a bath house built by the ...
  • Log Load on Sleigh
        In order to make it easier to pull this gigantic load of logs, a water sprinkler tank wet the roadway to create a surface of ice.
      In order to make it easier to pull this gigantic load of ...
  • Baldwin School
        The Baldwin School was built in 1884 and renovated several times. It was located on Baldwin Street between State and First Avenues.
      The Baldwin School was built in 1884 and renovated several times. It ...
  • Huron Beach Pavilion
        "During July, 1895. the Huron Beach recreation company was organized and the company purchased a tract of land on the eastern shore of Alpena Township, in section three. On February 26, 1896, Samuel Boggs took a contract to build a pavilion at Huron Beach. And on July 15, the Huron ...
      "During July, 1895. the Huron Beach recreation company was organized and the ...
  • Original County Jail
        "In 1864 or 1865, the Board of Supervisors made a contract for clearing Jessie Square made a contract for clearing Jessie Square and erecting a suitable building for a jail. It was built on Chisholm street, and made of two-inch plank, doubled and fastened together with spikes driven close together. ...
      "In 1864 or 1865, the Board of Supervisors made a contract for ...
  • Railroad Depot
        "This [railroad] depot was located on the south side of Fletcher Street between Dock Street (now N. Second Avenue) and Merchant Street. It was Alpena's passenger and freight depot until 1911 when the new passenger depot at Tenth Street was constructed." The Fire Station sits to the right, and a ...
      "This [railroad] depot was located on the south side of Fletcher Street ...
  • Engine House No. 1
        "Engine House No. 1...was constructed in 1880 and fronted River Street at Third Avenue. It burned on Oct. 2, 1910."
      "Engine House No. 1...was constructed in 1880 and fronted River Street at ...
  • Unidentified House or Hotel
        Unidentified hotel or house with livery stable behind.
      Unidentified hotel or house with livery stable behind.
  • Log Sleigh on Ice Road
        Log Sleigh on Ice Road
      Log Sleigh on Ice Road
  • Bunkhouse Interior
        Interior view of Churchill logging camp bunkhouse showing "breech loading" bunks and a box heat stove.
      Interior view of Churchill logging camp bunkhouse showing "breech loading" bunks and ...
  • Lumber Stacks Along Thunder Bay River
        Stacking lumber along the banks of the Thunder Bay River prior to being loaded on ships.
      Stacking lumber along the banks of the Thunder Bay River prior to ...
  • Downtown Alpena
        Second Avenue looking west toward Chisholm Street and the Holmes Block.
      Second Avenue looking west toward Chisholm Street and the Holmes Block.
  • First Baptist Church
        "On the 25th of December, 1892, the Baptists dedicated their new brick church at the southeast corner of Third and Lockwood Streets. This church cost the Baptist Society $23,000."
      "On the 25th of December, 1892, the Baptists dedicated their new brick ...
  • Franklin School
        in 1880, the three-room Franklin School was built for $1,350; another room was added in 1884 for $1,824. The school was located on Lockwood Street between 9th and 10th Avenues. After closing, the building was used as a parish hall by St. Anne's Church.
      in 1880, the three-room Franklin School was built for $1,350; another room ...
  • Alpena News Interior
        Interior view of The Alpena News office, then located on River Street between Second and Third Avenues.
      Interior view of The Alpena News office, then located on River Street ...
  • City View of Alpena
        Looking Northwest. St. Bernard's Church and School are along Chisholm Street on the left.
      Looking Northwest. St. Bernard's Church and School are along Chisholm Street on ...
  • Alpena Central High School
        Alpena Central High School. "The new building was modern as of the period...it had a circular tower of stone cut in the Alpena stone quarries. The old bell...was installed in the tower. The front of the building was of cut stone and the remainder brick. It was a two-story building ...
      Alpena Central High School. "The new building was modern as of the ...
  • Second Alpena County Jail
        The second Alpena County Jail was built in 1887 of Alpena limestone at a cost of $10,000. It was located on Chisholm Street directly across from the Alpena County Courthouse.
      The second Alpena County Jail was built in 1887 of Alpena limestone ...
  • Burning of St. Paul Lutheran Church
        This St.Paul Lutheran Church was built on South Second Avenue in 1890, and destroyed by fire on March 29, 1923. The statue of St. Paul was rescued from the burning church by Irv Panknin. The current building replaced it 3 years later.
      This St.Paul Lutheran Church was built on South Second Avenue in 1890, ...
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit




My favourites lets you save items you like, tag them and group them into collections for your own personal use. Viewing "My favourites" will open in a new tab. Login here or start a My favourites account.

thumbnail








Ann Taber Collection