Ann Taber Collection
Records

Results

We found
124
matching items
  • City View of Alpena
        Looking Northeast from the Alpena County Courthouse. The corner of Chisholm Street and Eighth Street is as the lower left.
      Looking Northeast from the Alpena County Courthouse. The corner of Chisholm Street ...
  • Sawmill Interior
        Sawmill interior.
      Sawmill interior.
  • Hutton Harness Shop
        "Edward Hutton, harness maker [was] a native of Windsor, Canada, where he learned the trade of harness making and engaged in business. In the Summer of 1867 he came to Alpena and the following year opened a harness shop in a small frame building near the Comstock Block...He afterward moved ...
      "Edward Hutton, harness maker [was] a native of Windsor, Canada, where he ...
  • Fletcher Paper Company
        During January 1898, George N. Fletcher and Sons commenced the erection of a large paper mill on Fletcher Street near Pine Street opposite their Sulphite Paper Pulp factory. The first paper was made on January 7, 1899 and was manila paper. The factory closed in the December 2000.
      During January 1898, George N. Fletcher and Sons commenced the erection of ...
  • Unidentified Factory
        ...
      ...
  • Churchill House Ruins After Fire
        Originally the Fletcher House, this hotel was moved in 1887 about a block to be positioned between First and Waters Street (present location of City Hall) and turned facing away from the bay. It was officially reopened as the Churchill House on May 2, 1888. The Churchill House burned April ...
      Originally the Fletcher House, this hotel was moved in 1887 about a ...
  • Huron Portland Cement Company
        The Huron Portland Cement Company was organized on November 22, 1906. This industry gave a tremendous boost to Alpena's economy after the end of the lumber era. It was once the World's Largest Cement Plant. It is now owned by Lafarge North America.
      The Huron Portland Cement Company was organized on November 22, 1906. This ...
  • Churchill Mill
        The Churchill Mill was situated at the mouth of the Thunder Bay River and was originally built in the Winter of 1871 by F. N. Barlow. In 1877, W.L. and H.D. Churchill purchased the property. The mill was rebuilt twice after that. The mill employed about 55 men. The Churchill ...
      The Churchill Mill was situated at the mouth of the Thunder Bay ...
  • Schooner in Thunder Bay River
        An unknown three-mast schooner is docked at the Butterfield and Crable Mill near Dock Street (North Second Avenue) and the swing bridge in the Thunder Bay River.
      An unknown three-mast schooner is docked at the Butterfield and Crable Mill ...
  • Automobile on Water Street
        Automobile on Water Street with the Standard Oil Company office in the background.
      Automobile on Water Street with the Standard Oil Company office in the ...
  • Gathering in front of Alpena's City Hall
        A gathering of vehicles and people in front of Alpena's City Hall. The Fletcher Office Building and Library are on the left.
      A gathering of vehicles and people in front of Alpena's City Hall. ...
  • McRae Hospital
        The Donald McRae Hospital was located at 608 Washington Avenue in Alpena, Michigan.
      The Donald McRae Hospital was located at 608 Washington Avenue in Alpena, ...
  • Banquet at Armory
        Men's banquet possibly at the Chisholm Street Armory prior to its burning.
      Men's banquet possibly at the Chisholm Street Armory prior to its burning.
  • Ladies at Logging Camp
        People standing outside lumber camp buildings during winter.
      People standing outside lumber camp buildings during winter.
  • Leavitt Diving Suit during PEWABIC Salvage
        "In May, 1917 the B.F. Leavitt Diving Armor Company located the wreck [PEWABIC]. Mr. Leavitt was the inventor of Leavitt's Armored Diving Suit. This suit performed fairly well for a while...and the expedition was by far the most successful salvage attempt. But by August, Leavitt was short of cash and ...
      "In May, 1917 the B.F. Leavitt Diving Armor Company located the wreck ...
  • B.F. Leavitt during the Salvage of the PEWABIC
        "In May, 1917 the B.F. Leavitt Diving Armor Company located the wreck [PEWABIC]. Mr. Leavitt was the inventor of Leavitt's Armored Diving Suit. This suit performed fairly well for a while...and the expedition was by far the most successful salvage attempt. But by August, Leavitt was short of cash and ...
      "In May, 1917 the B.F. Leavitt Diving Armor Company located the wreck ...
  • Leavitt Diving Suit during the PEWABIC Salvage
        "In May, 1917 the B.F. Leavitt Diving Armor Company located the wreck [PEWABIC]. Mr. Leavitt was the inventor of Leavitt's Armored Diving Suit. This suit performed fairly well for a while...and the expedition was by far the most successful salvage attempt. But by August, Leavitt was short of cash and ...
      "In May, 1917 the B.F. Leavitt Diving Armor Company located the wreck ...
  • Aftermath of St. Anne's Church Fire
        Aftermath of St. Anne's Catholic Church fire on August 4, 1907.
      Aftermath of St. Anne's Catholic Church fire on August 4, 1907.
  • Alpena County Poor House
        The Alpena County House, also known as the Poor House, was built of brick in 1892 to replace the County Poor House that burned on July 28, 1891.
      The Alpena County House, also known as the Poor House, was built ...
  • Downtown Alpena
        River Street (lower left) running between Third Street to Harbor Drive. Corner of Second and Third, northwest corner, is Spens Drug Store. Northeast corner is Jacob Levyn Tobacco Store.
      River Street (lower left) running between Third Street to Harbor Drive. Corner ...
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit




My favourites lets you save items you like, tag them and group them into collections for your own personal use. Viewing "My favourites" will open in a new tab. Login here or start a My favourites account.

thumbnail








Ann Taber Collection