Ann Taber Collection
Records

Results

We found
124
matching items
  • Adam Ludewig's Bookstore
        Known as the Dean of Alpena Businessmen, Adam Ludewig came to Alpena in 1871, and owned and operated a bookstore in various Alpena locations for over fifty years. He received many public honors including a life membership in the Elks Club. He was also a member of the Masonic Lodge ...
      Known as the Dean of Alpena Businessmen, Adam Ludewig came to Alpena ...
  • Aftermath of St. Anne's Church Fire
        Aftermath of St. Anne's Catholic Church fire on August 4, 1907.
      Aftermath of St. Anne's Catholic Church fire on August 4, 1907.
  • Alpena Central High School
        Alpena Central High School. "The new building was modern as of the period...it had a circular tower of stone cut in the Alpena stone quarries. The old bell...was installed in the tower. The front of the building was of cut stone and the remainder brick. It was a two-story building ...
      Alpena Central High School. "The new building was modern as of the ...
  • Alpena County Courthouse
        This Alpena County Courthouse was built on Chisholm Street (between Eighth and Ninth Streets) in 1888 and was destroyed by fire in 1932.
      This Alpena County Courthouse was built on Chisholm Street (between Eighth and ...
  • Alpena County Courthouse
        This Alpena County Courthouse was built on Chisholm Street (between Eighth and Ninth Streets) in 1888 and was destroyed by fire in 1932.
      This Alpena County Courthouse was built on Chisholm Street (between Eighth and ...
  • Alpena County Fairgrounds
        "The Alpena Driving Club was organized February 19th, 1894, with W.L. Churchill as president and Dr. Ritchie as secretary. On July 4, 1894. the Alpena Driving Club gave their first race on their new half mile track at the fairgrounds. Over 800 wagon loads of cedar bark and 500 railway ...
      "The Alpena Driving Club was organized February 19th, 1894, with W.L. Churchill ...
  • Alpena County Poor House
        The Alpena County House, also known as the Poor House, was built of brick in 1892 to replace the County Poor House that burned on July 28, 1891.
      The Alpena County House, also known as the Poor House, was built ...
  • Alpena Fire Department
        The Alpena Fire Department. This picture is believed to have been taken on Water Street, between Second and Third Avenues, around 1883, as noted by the McMasters Harness Ship on the right. This is probably the second water pump purchased by the city in 1875. The first pump was the ...
      The Alpena Fire Department. This picture is believed to have been taken ...
  • Alpena Fire Department Hose Wagon
        Alpena Fire Department hose cart of Fletcher Street. The Hose House was located on Fletcher Street.
      Alpena Fire Department hose cart of Fletcher Street. The Hose House was ...
  • Alpena Fire Department Hose Wagon
        Alpena Fire Department hose cart being driven west on 10th Street at the intersection of Chisholm Street.
      Alpena Fire Department hose cart being driven west on 10th Street at ...
  • Alpena News Interior
        Interior view of The Alpena News office, then located on River Street between Second and Third Avenues.
      Interior view of The Alpena News office, then located on River Street ...
  • Alpena Railway Depot
        The Detroit, Bay City, and Alpena Railway Company Depot located near the corner of Werth and Piper Roads. This was the first train depot in Alpena.
      The Detroit, Bay City, and Alpena Railway Company Depot located near the ...
  • Ann Taber's Finding Alpena's Roots
        This marrated slide show was a group project for a graduate class offered though Central Michigan University. It reviews and explains some of the resources available to study the history and people of Alpena.
      This marrated slide show was a group project for a graduate class ...
  • Armory Ruins After 1919 Fire
        The original Armory was located on the north side of Chisholm Street near the center of the block between Second and Third Avenues. This is the aftermath of the fire that destroyed the Armory on December 17, 1919.
      The original Armory was located on the north side of Chisholm Street ...
  • Armory Ruins After 1919 Fire
        The original Armory was located on the north side of Chisholm Street near the center of the block between Second and Third Avenues. This is the aftermath of the fire that destroyed the Armory on December 17, 1919.
      The original Armory was located on the north side of Chisholm Street ...
  • Automobile on Water Street
        Automobile on Water Street with the Standard Oil Company office in the background.
      Automobile on Water Street with the Standard Oil Company office in the ...
  • Baldwin School
        The Baldwin School was built in 1884 and renovated several times. It was located on Baldwin Street between State and First Avenues.
      The Baldwin School was built in 1884 and renovated several times. It ...
  • Banquet at Armory
        Men's banquet possibly at the Chisholm Street Armory prior to its burning.
      Men's banquet possibly at the Chisholm Street Armory prior to its burning.
  • B.F. Leavitt during the Salvage of the PEWABIC
        "In May, 1917 the B.F. Leavitt Diving Armor Company located the wreck [PEWABIC]. Mr. Leavitt was the inventor of Leavitt's Armored Diving Suit. This suit performed fairly well for a while...and the expedition was by far the most successful salvage attempt. But by August, Leavitt was short of cash and ...
      "In May, 1917 the B.F. Leavitt Diving Armor Company located the wreck ...
  • Building Second Avenue Bridge
        Building the third Second Avenue Bridge across the Thunder Bay River, late 1800s. Downtown Alpena, Michigan. Looking south.
      Building the third Second Avenue Bridge across the Thunder Bay River, late ...
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit




My favourites lets you save items you like, tag them and group them into collections for your own personal use. Viewing "My favourites" will open in a new tab. Login here or start a My favourites account.

thumbnail








Ann Taber Collection