Knechtel Collection
Records

Results

We found
254
matching items
  • Children Outside in Summer
        Children sitting outside in summertime. Believed to be Leo and Margaret Linke.
      Children sitting outside in summertime. Believed to be Leo and Margaret Linke.
  • Family Smelling Flowers
        Child smelling bouquet of flowers. The young woman is possibly Dorothy Linke.
      Child smelling bouquet of flowers. The young woman is possibly Dorothy Linke.
  • Michigan Alkali Quarry
        The Michigan Alkali Company opened a quarry in Alpena, and the first shipment of limestone left in 1903. There was much waste in their production. J. B. Ford, Vice-President of the company, found a solution - make cement from the "waste." The Huron Portland Cement Company was formed, and cement ...
      The Michigan Alkali Company opened a quarry in Alpena, and the first ...
  • C. Moench Sons' Company
        By 1890, the lumber industry was in decline. New industries cropped up based on wood as a resource. They used hardwoods and pulpwoods previously ignored. Moench Tannery was one of these new industries. C. Moench Sons' Tannery Company was first operated by John C. and Henry L. Moench of Cattaraugus, ...
      By 1890, the lumber industry was in decline. New industries cropped up ...
  • Detroit & Mackinac Railway Train Wreck
        The Detroit, Bay City and Alpena Railroad Company reached at the corner of Werth and Piper Roads in 1886. This company was reorganized in 1894 and named the Detroit And Mackinac Railway. This train and truck accident occurred around 1934 - 1935. The location is unknown.
      The Detroit, Bay City and Alpena Railroad Company reached at the corner ...
  • Chief E. A. Westrope & Alpena Woodman Degree Team
        The Woodmen of the World is a fraternal organization for those engaged in the part of the timber industry. The Alpena branch was known as the Huron Shores Woodmen, and may have been headed by Chief of Police Edward A. Westrope (1891-1894)[front row, first on right].
      The Woodmen of the World is a fraternal organization for those engaged ...
  • John A. Lau Saloon Interior
        Interior of the John A. Lau Saloon on North Second Avenue.
      Interior of the John A. Lau Saloon on North Second Avenue.
  • Union Hotel Kitchen
        The 1900 Alpena City Directory listed 28 saloons in the City of Alpena. One was located in the Union Hotel at the junction of W. Washington and Second Avenues. Edward Fitzpatrick was the owner.
      The 1900 Alpena City Directory listed 28 saloons in the City of ...
  • U.S. Fish Hatchery
        Alpena's U.S. Fish Hatchery was completed in 1882, and proceeded to plant fish in surrounding waters until 1933. In 1928, the hatchery was moved from its original location on Water Street to the rear of City Hall. On September 23, 1933, the hatchery was ordered closed as part of the ...
      Alpena's U.S. Fish Hatchery was completed in 1882, and proceeded to plant ...
  • Widdis Bus
        Widdis Transfer and Storage Company was owned and operated by Fred G. Widdis. His business card advertised "Passenger, baggage and freight transferred to and from all trains, boats and any part of the city"...Special attention given to theatrical and traveling men's baggage"..."Notice: look for the new jitney bus and baggage ...
      Widdis Transfer and Storage Company was owned and operated by Fred G. ...
  • St. Paul Lutheran Church School Students
        St. Paul Lutheran Church School students taken next to the church which burned on March 29, 1923. Arthur Linke is shown in the back row, far right, c 1900.
      St. Paul Lutheran Church School students taken next to the church which ...
  • Father Louis T. Bouchard
        Father Louis T. Bouchard was born June 21, 1876 in Canada. His family moved to Muskegon, Michigan, where he received his education. His clerical education was taken at Grand Seminary, Montreal, and he was ordained in 1902 in Grand Rapids, Michigan. He became Pastor of St. Anne's Catholic Church in ...
      Father Louis T. Bouchard was born June 21, 1876 in Canada. His ...
  • Young Woman Portrait
        Unknown young woman from the Linke or Knechtel Family.
      Unknown young woman from the Linke or Knechtel Family.
  • Fletcher Office Building
        The Fletcher Office Building was originally a bath house built by the Alpena Magnetic Sulphur Springs Company in 1892. Mineral water was supplied by a 1,276 foot flowing well on the property. It was not a success and closed after just a few years. The building was purchased by the ...
      The Fletcher Office Building was originally a bath house built by the ...
  • Submarine U097 at Thunder Bay Milling Company Dock
        This captured WWI German submarine was part of a traveling exhibit in 1919. It is docked in this image at the Thunder Bay Milling Company dock in the Thunder Bay River. A WWI tank was also on exhibit.
      This captured WWI German submarine was part of a traveling exhibit in ...
  • Lighting or Heating Device
        Lighting or Heating Device possibly used in the Taber Tannery.
      Lighting or Heating Device possibly used in the Taber Tannery.
  • Taber Tannery Crew
        The Taber Tannery was built in 1895 on the north side of Thunder Bay River, near the Ninth Street Dam and railroad, close to the hemlock extract works. It was named the Alpena Hide and Leather Tannery. Production began when a shipment of 1,400 hides arrived from Brazil.
      The Taber Tannery was built in 1895 on the north side of ...
  • Taber Tannery Chimney Demolition
        Preparing to demolish the Taber Tannery chimney. As businesses came and went, it became necessary to demolish buildings and clear land. The easiest way to demolish a chimney was with dynamite. The bricks would be re-used.
      Preparing to demolish the Taber Tannery chimney. As businesses came and went, ...
  • Arthur Linke at Tractor Show
        Arthur Linke at Tractor Show, Alpena County.
      Arthur Linke at Tractor Show, Alpena County.
  • Linke's Antiques
        Antiques owned by Arthur Linke, including clocks, glassware, tools, record players, lamps, and an instrument player from the North Tonawanda Musical Instrument Works.
      Antiques owned by Arthur Linke, including clocks, glassware, tools, record players, lamps, ...
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit




My favourites lets you save items you like, tag them and group them into collections for your own personal use. Viewing "My favourites" will open in a new tab. Login here or start a My favourites account.

thumbnail








Knechtel Collection