Knechtel Collection
Records

Results

We found
254
matching items
  • E.C. Spens Drug Store
        Edward C Spens, in his drugstore, dealt in a variety of items according to the Alpena City Directory. These included not only drugs, but paints, oils, and wallpaper.
      Edward C Spens, in his drugstore, dealt in a variety of items ...
  • Taber Tannery
        The Taber Tannery was built in 1895 on the north side of Thunder Bay River, near the Ninth Street Dam and railroad, close to the hemlock extract works. It was named the Alpena Hide and Leather Tannery. Production began when a shipment of 1,400 hides arrived from Brazil.
      The Taber Tannery was built in 1895 on the north side of ...
  • Fletcher Office Building
        The Fletcher Office Building was originally a bath house built by the Alpena Magnetic Sulphur Springs Company in 1892. Mineral water was supplied by a 1,276 foot flowing well on the property. It was not a success and closed after just a few years. The building was purchased by the ...
      The Fletcher Office Building was originally a bath house built by the ...
  • Linke Cemetery Plot
        The Linke Family plot in the original portion of Evergreen Cemetery in section A-170. Visible are the grave markers of Hannah D. Linke who was buried on March 16, 1938 and Alfred Julius Linke who was buried on May 17, 1937.
      The Linke Family plot in the original portion of Evergreen Cemetery in ...
  • Vessels JOHN T. GREENE and RALPH at mouth of Thunder Bay River
        The 2-mast schooner JOHN L. GREENE and tug RALPH anchored at the mouth of the Thunder Bay River in 1894. The RALPH was one of a small fleet of tugs owned by the Gilchrist and Fletcher Company. AT the time of the photograph, the GREENE was owned by D.D. Ludwig ...
      The 2-mast schooner JOHN L. GREENE and tug RALPH anchored at the ...
  • Residential Area of Second Avenue
        Second Avenue, believed to be north of Dunbar Street looking south, showing the residential portion as a wide, tree-lined street.
      Second Avenue, believed to be north of Dunbar Street looking south, showing ...
  • St. Paul Lutheran Church
        This St.Paul Lutheran Church was built on South Second Avenue in 1890, and destroyed by fire on March 29, 1923. The current building replaced it 3 years later.
      This St.Paul Lutheran Church was built on South Second Avenue in 1890, ...
  • Mystic Shrine
        The men of the Mystic Shrine photographed on July 27, 1895. Commonly known as the Shriners, the full name of this fraternal organization is the Ancient Arabic Order of the Nobles of the Mystic Shrine.
      The men of the Mystic Shrine photographed on July 27, 1895. Commonly ...
  • Obed Smith School Students
        Elementary students and teacher of the Obed Smith School in c1895. The school was built at the corner of North Second Avenue and Spratt Street in 1883, and burned in 1922.
      Elementary students and teacher of the Obed Smith School in c1895. The ...
  • St. Paul Lutheran Church School Students, 1895
        The elementary students of St. Paul Lutheran Church School in 1895 pictured outside of the church.
      The elementary students of St. Paul Lutheran Church School in 1895 pictured ...
  • St. Paul Lutheran Church School Students, 1899
        The elementary students of St. Paul Lutheran Church School on March 24, 1899 pictured outside of the church.
      The elementary students of St. Paul Lutheran Church School on March 24, ...
  • School Students
        Probably St. Paul Lutheran Church School Students posing outside of new church building, c 1926.
      Probably St. Paul Lutheran Church School Students posing outside of new church ...
  • St. Paul Lutheran Church Interior
        Altar area of old St. Paul Lutheran Church on Second Avenue during the 25th Anniversary in 1915.
      Altar area of old St. Paul Lutheran Church on Second Avenue during ...
  • St. Paul Lutheran Church Banquet
        Possibly a banquet and program for the 25th Anniversary of the St.Paul Lutheran Church in 1915.
      Possibly a banquet and program for the 25th Anniversary of the St.Paul ...
  • William Fay McGee
        Fay McGee was a laborer and worked at the Huron Portland Cement Company. In the 1930 Alpena City Directory, he is listed as boarding at 203 W. Washington Avenue, which was the Iroquois Hotel.
      Fay McGee was a laborer and worked at the Huron Portland Cement ...
  • Egg Day, Royal Theatre
        Egg Day at the Royal Theatre on Chisholm Street on April 20, 1914. On designated days, could bring a fresh egg as admission to a movie.
      Egg Day at the Royal Theatre on Chisholm Street on April 20, ...
  • St. Anne's Catholic Church and School
        The St. Anne's Catholic Church burned on August 4, 1907. It took 13 years to rebuild to the same specifications is the French Romanesque style. Hillarie Gagnon supervised the construction. The steeples were new to the new building. The brick school was also added.
      The St. Anne's Catholic Church burned on August 4, 1907. It took ...
  • Alpena F.O.E. Baseball Team
        Alpena's Fraternal Order of Eagles Baseball Team
      Alpena's Fraternal Order of Eagles Baseball Team
  • St. Paul Lutheran Church Fire
        Tragedy struck on Maundy Thursday, March 29, 1923 when the original St. Paul Lutheran Church was completely destroyed by fire.
      Tragedy struck on Maundy Thursday, March 29, 1923 when the original St. ...
  • Potter's Dock
        Potter Lumber Company was one of many mills that lined the Thunder Bay River. Each mill had its own dock for loading lumber to be shipped to market.
      Potter Lumber Company was one of many mills that lined the Thunder ...
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit




My favourites lets you save items you like, tag them and group them into collections for your own personal use. Viewing "My favourites" will open in a new tab. Login here or start a My favourites account.

thumbnail








Knechtel Collection