LaCross Boat Works, Inc.
- Media Type
- Item Type
- The LaCross Family’s first business ventures began in the early 1940s with cabinet making and general wood work. In 1951, brothers Arthur and Ernest, with sons Jim and Charles, began constructing wood filing cabinets in Alpena, MI, which were distributed through Leonard’s Office Supply and Equipment Co. of Detroit. In 1955, the Kauffman Boat Works came under the ownership of the LaCross Boat Works, which constructed various wooden recreational motor boats over the next 40 years. The business closed in 2006.
- LaCross Boat Works brochures for the years 1954, 1955, and 1958 are only available for viewing in-house.
- Date of Original
- Personal Name(s)
- LaCross, Arthur ; LaCross, Ernest ; LaCross, James ; LaCross, Charles
- Corporate Name(s)
- Kauffman Boat Works ; LaCross Boat Works, Inc. ; LaCross Wood Products.
- LaCross Boat Works Collection
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
LaCross Boat Works:
Michigan, United States
Latitude: 45.0944503725778 Longitude: -83.4574719204903
- LaCross Boat Works:
- Lorrie LaCross
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- LaCross Boat Works Collection, Alpena County George N. Fletcher Public Library
- Alpena County George N. Fletcher Public LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:211 N. First Ave.
Alpena, Michigan 49707