Huron Handle and Lumber Company
- Media Type
- Item Type
- De Forest A. Stratton was the president of the Huron Handle and Lumber Company, while H.P. Cheney was Vice-President and Charles Cheney was Secretary/Treasurer. In 1899, the Huron Handle and Leather Company produced 4,000,000 broom handles. The Company office was located in the Masonic Block.
- Much hardwood was used to make tool handles.
- "Cheney & Stratton Handle Mill, started December 17, 1896"
- Date of Original
- c 1897
Width: 5685 px
Height: 4405 px
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 5685px
Image Height: 4405px
- Personal Name(s)
- Cheney, H.P. ; Cheney, Charles ; Stratton, De Forest
- Corporate Name(s)
- Huron Handle and Lumber Company
- Fred Trelfa Collection
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Approximate location of Huron Handle Co. Office:
Michigan, United States
Latitude: 45.0620361771762 Longitude: -83.4338657989501
- Approximate location of Huron Handle Co. Office:
- Besser Museum for Northeast Michigan
- Copyright Statement
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian law. No restrictions on use.
- Recommended Citation
- Fred Trelfa Collection, Alpena County George N. Fletcher Public Library
- Alpena County George N. Fletcher Public LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:211 N. First Ave.
Alpena, Michigan 49707