- Media Type
- Item Type
- Interior images of the U.S Federal Building in Alpena, Michigan, showing window and ceiling arches.
- This elegant example of Renaissance Revival architecture was constructed during 1911-1912. The Federal Building is executed in brick faced with smooth ashlar. A balustrade tops the modillioned cornice. The upper story contains small paired rectangular window openings, the first semicircular arched windows with compound arches, keystones, and Palladian fanlights. The main entrance is approached by a staircase and enriched by elaborate iron pilasters and entablature. The interior, especially the first floor, contains vaulted ceilings, Corinthian pilasters, and iron grill work. The Federal Building housed Alpena's post office from 1913 until the mid 1950s. 145 Water Street.
- Date of Original
Width: 5503 px
Height: 4145 px
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 5503px
Image Height: 4145px
- Federal Building Collection
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Michigan, United States
Latitude: 45.0626500092301 Longitude: -83.4304754867554
- Federal Building:
- Copyright Statement
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian law. No restrictions on use.
- Recommended Citation
- Special Collections, Alpena County George N. Fletcher Public Library
- U.S. Government Photograph - Public Domain
- Alpena County George N. Fletcher Public LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:211 N. First Ave.
Alpena, Michigan 49707