Results

We found
14
matching items
Fuzzy Search Limits
Exact
Item types:
Negatives
  
Decade
1880-1889
  
  • Downtown Alpena
        Second Avenue on the north side of the bridge. McRae Block (1882) is on the right where the Post Office is now located. The Cohen Store is on the left where Alpena Furniture stands today. St. Mary's Church and Immanuel Lutheran Church steeples can be seen in the background.
      Second Avenue on the north side of the bridge. McRae Block (1882) ...
  • U.S. Fish Hatchery
        Alpena's U.S. Fish Hatchery was completed in 1882, and proceeded to plant fish in surrounding waters until 1933. In 1928, the hatchery was moved from its original location on Water Street to the rear of City Hall. On September 23, 1933, the hatchery was ordered closed as part of the ...
      Alpena's U.S. Fish Hatchery was completed in 1882, and proceeded to plant ...
  • Obed Smith School
        The Obed Smith School was built at the corner of North Second Avenue and Spratt Street in 1883, and burned in 1922.
      The Obed Smith School was built at the corner of North Second ...
  • Churchill House
        Originally the Fletcher House, this hotel was moved in 1887 about a block to be positioned between First and Waters Street (present location of City Hall) and turned facing away from the bay. It was officially reopened as the Churchill House on May 2, 1888. The Churchill House burned April ...
      Originally the Fletcher House, this hotel was moved in 1887 about a ...
  • Churchill House
        Originally the Fletcher House, this hotel was moved in 1887 about a block to be positioned between First and Waters Street (present location of City Hall) and turned facing away from the bay. It was officially reopened as the Churchill House on May 2, 1888. The Churchill House burned April ...
      Originally the Fletcher House, this hotel was moved in 1887 about a ...
  • Alpena County Jail
        The Alpena County Jail was located across from the Alpena County Courthouse on Chisholm Street near Ninth Avenue. It was built in 1887 of Alpena limestone at a cost of $10,000.
      The Alpena County Jail was located across from the Alpena County Courthouse ...
  • Thunder Bay River
        The Thunder Bay River at Alpena showing schooners and lumber stacks stretched along the river banks.
      The Thunder Bay River at Alpena showing schooners and lumber stacks stretched ...
  • Thunder Bay River
        The Thunder Bay River at Alpena showing stacks of lumber along the river's edge waiting for transport.
      The Thunder Bay River at Alpena showing stacks of lumber along the ...
  • Alpena Fire Department
        The Alpena Fire Department. This picture is believed to have been taken on Water Street, between Second and Third Avenues, around 1883, as noted by the McMasters Harness Ship on the right. This is probably the second water pump purchased by the city in 1875. The first pump was the ...
      The Alpena Fire Department. This picture is believed to have been taken ...
  • Trinity Episcopal Church
        The original Trinity Episcopal Church was built on Washington Avenue off of Chisholm Street in 1867. This new church was dedicated on June 29, 1884.
      The original Trinity Episcopal Church was built on Washington Avenue off of ...
  • Globe Hotel
        The first Globe Hotel was built on River Street and burned on November 12, 1871. This Globe Hotel was built in the early 1880s on Washington Street off of Chisholm Street and burned in the 1970s.
      The first Globe Hotel was built on River Street and burned on ...
  • Downtown Alpena
        Downtown view from Culligan Block - Chisholm Street looking toward First Avenue and Thunder Bay. The Churchill House is in the background on the left. The Centennial Building on right. August 1886.
      Downtown view from Culligan Block - Chisholm Street looking toward First Avenue ...
  • Linke Family
        Unknown Linke Family in the late 1800s.
      Unknown Linke Family in the late 1800s.
  • Churchill Lumber Company
        W.L. and H.D. Churchill Lumber Company. This mill was first built by F.N. Barlow in 1871. It was purchased by the Churchills in 1877. During the season of 1882, it cut 17,250,000 feet of lumber and about 5,000,000 feet of lath. The firm also had a store and a wagon ...
      W.L. and H.D. Churchill Lumber Company. This mill was first built by ...
Search within these results
Sort
Contributors
Media Types
Groups
Years
Map
Map of locations associated with these items. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit