Results

We found
44
matching items
  • Item types:: Negatives
  • Decade: 1890-1899
  • Widdis Bus
        Widdis Transfer and Storage Company was owned and operated by Fred G. Widdis. His business card advertised "Passenger, baggage and freight transferred to and from all trains, boats and any part of the city"...Special attention given to theatrical and traveling men's baggage"..."Notice: look for the new jitney bus and baggage ...
      Widdis Transfer and Storage Company was owned and operated by Fred G. ...
  • C. Moench Sons' Company
        By 1890, the lumber industry was in decline. New industries cropped up based on wood as a resource. They used hardwoods and pulpwoods previously ignored. Moench Tannery was one of these new industries. C. Moench Sons' Tannery Company was first operated by John C. and Henry L. Moench of Cattaraugus, ...
      By 1890, the lumber industry was in decline. New industries cropped up ...
  • John A. Lau Saloon Interior
        Interior of the John A. Lau Saloon on North Second Avenue.
      Interior of the John A. Lau Saloon on North Second Avenue.
  • Chief E. A. Westrope & Alpena Woodman Degree Team
        The Woodmen of the World is a fraternal organization for those engaged in the part of the timber industry. The Alpena branch was known as the Huron Shores Woodmen, and may have been headed by Chief of Police Edward A. Westrope (1891-1894)[front row, first on right].
      The Woodmen of the World is a fraternal organization for those engaged ...
  • Young Woman Portrait
        Unknown young woman from the Linke or Knechtel Family.
      Unknown young woman from the Linke or Knechtel Family.
  • Fletcher Office Building
        The Fletcher Office Building was originally a bath house built by the Alpena Magnetic Sulphur Springs Company in 1892. Mineral water was supplied by a 1,276 foot flowing well on the property. It was not a success and closed after just a few years. The building was purchased by the ...
      The Fletcher Office Building was originally a bath house built by the ...
  • Taber Tannery Crew
        The Taber Tannery was built in 1895 on the north side of Thunder Bay River, near the Ninth Street Dam and railroad, close to the hemlock extract works. It was named the Alpena Hide and Leather Tannery. Production began when a shipment of 1,400 hides arrived from Brazil.
      The Taber Tannery was built in 1895 on the north side of ...
  • Lighting or Heating Device
        Lighting or Heating Device possibly used in the Taber Tannery.
      Lighting or Heating Device possibly used in the Taber Tannery.
  • Northern Extract Company
        Northern Extract Company was built in 1891 near the Ninth Street Dam and close to the railroad. Tannic acid was extracted from hemlock bark, boiled down and shipped in barrels. It was used in the tanning of leather.
      Northern Extract Company was built in 1891 near the Ninth Street Dam ...
  • Camp Eaton
        A flash of lightning taken at Island Lake "Camp Eaton," 2 o'clock, morning of August 15, 1898 during a thunderstorm by G. F. Sterling, Detroit.
      A flash of lightning taken at Island Lake "Camp Eaton," 2 o'clock, ...
  • Potter Farm
        Most of the property (hundreds and hundreds of acres) between what is now M-32 and the Thunder Bay River and Bagley Street and Lake Winyah Road was owned by the Potters (William H. and F. N.) and was the Riverside Stock Farm - or more commonly known as The Potter ...
      Most of the property (hundreds and hundreds of acres) between what is ...
  • Downtown Alpena
        Chisholm Street, looking West, Alpena, Mich.
      Chisholm Street, looking West, Alpena, Mich.
  • Trowbridge Dam
        Trowbridge Dam across the Thunder Bay River, Alpena County, Michigan. From Centennial History of Alpena County, Michigan (1892/1903) by David D. Oliver, page 31: "The Trowbridge dam slacks the water up the river a short distance above the North Branch, and the perpendicular fall of water from this point to ...
      Trowbridge Dam across the Thunder Bay River, Alpena County, Michigan. From Centennial ...
  • Cook Camp at Precour Hill
        Cook Camp at Precour Hill, 1897.
      Cook Camp at Precour Hill, 1897.
  • Elks Club Party
        Elks Club costume party on November 30, 1899. Clock on wall suggests 10:30pm.
      Elks Club costume party on November 30, 1899. Clock on wall suggests ...
  • Log Pile and Crew
        Lumber camp crew posing with horse teams and large log pile. Possible Fletcher lumber camp.
      Lumber camp crew posing with horse teams and large log pile. Possible ...
  • Old Main Street, Hillman
        Main Street, Hillman.
      Main Street, Hillman.
  • Fletcher Camp - Loading Logs On Pile
        Loggers loading logs on pile at Fletcher lumber camp in the summer.
      Loggers loading logs on pile at Fletcher lumber camp in the summer.
  • Downtown Alpena
        Second Avenue, looking south, in Downtown Alpena. Maltz Theatre is on the left.
      Second Avenue, looking south, in Downtown Alpena. Maltz Theatre is on the ...
  • Downtown Alpena
        Second Avenue looking north with the Maltz Theatre in the center to the right. St. Mary's Catholic Church steeple is in the far background.
      Second Avenue looking north with the Maltz Theatre in the center to ...
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit
Privacy Policy