Results

We found
9
matching items
  • Grace Harbor Sawmill
        Crew of the Grace Harbor Sawmill owned and operated by Marvin and Elmer McClelland. The Grace Lumber Company owned many tracts of land in Bearinger Township, and the timber from this land fed the Grace Harbor Sawmill.
      Crew of the Grace Harbor Sawmill owned and operated by Marvin and ...
  • Sawmill Interior
        Sawmill interior.
      Sawmill interior.
  • Churchill Mill
        The Churchill Mill was situated at the mouth of the Thunder Bay River and was originally built in the Winter of 1871 by F. N. Barlow. In 1877, W.L. and H.D. Churchill purchased the property. The mill was rebuilt twice after that. The mill employed about 55 men. The Churchill ...
      The Churchill Mill was situated at the mouth of the Thunder Bay ...
  • Grace Harbor Sawmill
        Grace Harbor Sawmill owned and operated by Marvin and Elmer McClelland. The Grace Lumber Company owned many tracts of land in Bearinger Township, and the timber from this land fed the Grace Harbor Sawmill.
      Grace Harbor Sawmill owned and operated by Marvin and Elmer McClelland. The ...
  • Churchill Lumber Company
        In the background is Churchill Lumber Company saw mill. There are two wood burners burning the waste. (also known as a teepee burner or a wigwam burner). Logs are floating in the river, waiting to be sorted in the sorting gaps. There is a wooden vessel docked to the right ...
      In the background is Churchill Lumber Company saw mill. There are two ...
  • Prentiss Lumber Co
        There are stacks of lumber at Prentiss Lumber Company. Boards are stacked getting ready for shipping. There is a wood waste burner (also known as a teepee burner or a wigwam burner).
      There are stacks of lumber at Prentiss Lumber Company. Boards are stacked ...
  • Harrington and Jenny Lumber Mill on Thunder Bay River
        "Believed to be a picture of the Harrington & Jenny Mill on River Street between Third & Fourth Streets. Sold to the Comstocks and Re-errected [sic] at the Corner of River & Sixth Street. Apr. 28, 1880. Photo by L.T. Kline"
      "Believed to be a picture of the Harrington & Jenny Mill on ...
  • Thunder Bay River and Downtown Alpena
        "Comstock Shingle Mill, Center, 1888" "Mason Mill from North, 1888"
      "Comstock Shingle Mill, Center, 1888" "Mason Mill from North, 1888"
  • Lumber Mill on Thunder Bay River with Early Alpena County Courthouse in Background
        "West from the Fibre Mill Tower, 1887"
      "West from the Fibre Mill Tower, 1887"
Search within these results
Sort
Contributors
Media Types
Groups
Years
1880s1880188118821883188418851886188718881889
1890s1890189118921893189418951896189718981899
1900s1900190119021903190419051906190719081909
Features
Map
Map of locations associated with these items. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit