Results

We found
248
matching items
  • Item types:: Negatives
  • Fletcher Office Building
        The Fletcher Office Building was originally a bath house built by the Alpena Magnetic Sulphur Springs Company in 1892. Mineral water was supplied by a 1,276 foot flowing well on the property. It was not a success and closed after just a few years. The building was purchased by the ...
      The Fletcher Office Building was originally a bath house built by the ...
  • Jefferson School
        The Jefferson School was built on the corner of Oldfield and Pine Streets prior to 1883 and was originally named just the Third Ward School. By 1887, it had become the Jefferson School. On March 10, 1888, the original building burned, and a new, larger Queen Anne Style school was ...
      The Jefferson School was built on the corner of Oldfield and Pine ...
  • Churchill Lumber Company
        W.L. and H.D. Churchill Lumber Company. This mill was first built by F.N. Barlow in 1871. It was purchased by the Churchills in 1877. During the season of 1882, it cut 17,250,000 feet of lumber and about 5,000,000 feet of lath. The firm also had a store and a wagon ...
      W.L. and H.D. Churchill Lumber Company. This mill was first built by ...
  • Engine House No. 1
        Interior of Engine House No. 1. Two uniformed men sit near the head of the table at a dinner held in the Fire Station. Note the two beds in the rear left corner, used by firemen on duty.
      Interior of Engine House No. 1. Two uniformed men sit near the ...
  • Engine House No. 1
        Engine House No. 1 of the Central Fire Station. This building replaced the original Engine House No. 1, which burned in 1910. It was located on the corner of Third Avenue and River Street.
      Engine House No. 1 of the Central Fire Station. This building replaced ...
  • Engine House No. 1
        Engine House No. 1 of the Central Fire Station. This building replaced the original Engine House No. 1, which burned in 1910. It was located on the corner of Third Avenue and River Street.
      Engine House No. 1 of the Central Fire Station. This building replaced ...
  • Stone Fence
        Stone fence.
      Stone fence.
  • Flower Wreath
        Believed to be a funeral flower wreath with musical notes and the letter "B" done by Linke Florist.
      Believed to be a funeral flower wreath with musical notes and the ...
  • Middle-aged Couple on Porch
        Middle-aged Couple on Porch
      Middle-aged Couple on Porch
  • Arthur Linke in Buggy
        Arthur Linke in buggy.
      Arthur Linke in buggy.
  • Carter Home
        Daniel, Sarah, and Mary Carter were Alpena's pioneer family arriving in 1856. Daniel helped organize the county and served as the first postmaster. Sarah was familiar with medicines and the treatment of the sick. She treated many people until the first doctor arrived in 1862. Daughter Mary taught the first ...
      Daniel, Sarah, and Mary Carter were Alpena's pioneer family arriving in 1856. ...
  • Arthur Linke with son Albert or Leo
        Arthur Linke on right with one of his sons, Albert or Leo.
      Arthur Linke on right with one of his sons, Albert or Leo.
  • Woman and girl amongst Rosebushes
        Unidentified woman and child in front of rosebushes at the side of a house. Believed to be of Linke Family in Alpena...Margaret Linke is probably the young girl.
      Unidentified woman and child in front of rosebushes at the side of ...
  • Dennis Knechtel with Mother and Sister
        Dennis Knechtel with probably his mother, Margaret Linke Knechtel, and his sister.
      Dennis Knechtel with probably his mother, Margaret Linke Knechtel, and his sister.
  • Children at Beach
        Group of children at probably Thomson Beach in Alpena. Boy in forefront is believed to be Dennis Knechtel.
      Group of children at probably Thomson Beach in Alpena. Boy in forefront ...
  • Residence
        Dwellings in unknown location.
      Dwellings in unknown location.
  • C. Moench Sons' Company
        By 1890, the lumber industry was in decline. New industries cropped up based on wood as a resource. They used hardwoods and pulpwoods previously ignored. Moench Tannery was one of these new industries. C. Moench Sons' Tannery Company was first operated by John C. and Henry L. Moench of Cattaraugus, ...
      By 1890, the lumber industry was in decline. New industries cropped up ...
  • Downtown Alpena
        Bird's Eye View of Alpena, Mich., looking East.
      Bird's Eye View of Alpena, Mich., looking East.
  • Unknown Candy & Soda Shop
        This elegant candy and soda shop featured a marble soda fountain along a candy counter, both with cabinets behind. The glass display jars are particularly nice.
      This elegant candy and soda shop featured a marble soda fountain along ...
  • William Henry Phelps Collins
        Captain Phelps Collins was Alpena's World War I "Ace" and was among 203 American pilots who served in the Lafayette Escadrille in France. A fighter pilot who downed five or more enemy aircraft was designated an "Ace." Records credit Collins with downing seven German aircraft in air battles over France ...
      Captain Phelps Collins was Alpena's World War I "Ace" and was among ...
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit
Privacy Policy