Results

We found
167
matching items
  • Media Types: Images
  • Media Types: Images
  • Media Types: Texts
  • Decade: 1880-1889
  • Decade: 1880-1889
  • Decade: 1880-1889
  • Alpena City Directory 1883
        ... to the city of Alpeoll coot&ins; 8,/188 Individual name., and Lhla, u •log...
      ... to the city of Alpeoll coot&ins; 8,/188 Individual name., and Lhla, ...
  • Alpena City Directory 1887
        The 1887 Alpena City Directory published by R.L. Polk & Co. Directory contains a series of business listings, local history, governmental notes, and residents by their last name.
      The 1887 Alpena City Directory published by R.L. Polk & Co. Directory ...
  • Alpena City Directory 1889
        The 1889 Alpena City Directory published by R.L. Polk & Co. Directory contains a series of business listings, local history, governmental notes, and residents by their last name.
      The 1889 Alpena City Directory published by R.L. Polk & Co. Directory ...
  • Alpena County Courthouse
        This Alpena County Courthouse was built on Chisholm Street (between Eighth and Ninth Streets) in 1888 and was destroyed by fire in 1932.
      This Alpena County Courthouse was built on Chisholm Street (between Eighth and ...
  • Alpena County Jail
        The Alpena County Jail was located across from the Alpena County Courthouse on Chisholm Street near Ninth Avenue. It was built in 1887 of Alpena limestone at a cost of $10,000.
      The Alpena County Jail was located across from the Alpena County Courthouse ...
  • Alpena Fire Department
        The Alpena Fire Department. This picture is believed to have been taken on Water Street, between Second and Third Avenues, around 1883, as noted by the McMasters Harness Ship on the right. This is probably the second water pump purchased by the city in 1875. The first pump was the ...
      The Alpena Fire Department. This picture is believed to have been taken ...
  • Alpena Gas Company
        "Alpena Gas Works, Sep. 1, 1885"
      "Alpena Gas Works, Sep. 1, 1885"
  • Alpena, Michigan along the Thunder Bay River
        "North from #1 Fire Station, 5-26-[18]87"
      "North from #1 Fire Station, 5-26-[18]87"
  • Alpena Railway Depot
        The Detroit, Bay City, and Alpena Railway Company Depot located near the corner of Werth and Piper Roads. This was the first train depot in Alpena.
      The Detroit, Bay City, and Alpena Railway Company Depot located near the ...
  • Alpena State Street Gas Works
        "Alpena State Street Gas Works, Sep. 1, 1885"
      "Alpena State Street Gas Works, Sep. 1, 1885"
  • Badore Lumber Camp Account Ledger, 1884 - 1886
        Badore Lumber Camp Account Ledger, 1884 - 1886
      Badore Lumber Camp Account Ledger, 1884 - 1886
  • Badore Lumber Camp Account Ledger, 1886 - 1887
        Badore Lumber Camp Account Ledger, 1886 - 1887
      Badore Lumber Camp Account Ledger, 1886 - 1887
  • Building Second Avenue Bridge
        Building the third Second Avenue Bridge across the Thunder Bay River, late 1800s. Downtown Alpena, Michigan. Looking south.
      Building the third Second Avenue Bridge across the Thunder Bay River, late ...
  • Centennial Block
        Centennial Building, 1880, corner of 1st Avenue, Washington Avenue, and Chisholm Street, Alpena, Michigan.
      Centennial Building, 1880, corner of 1st Avenue, Washington Avenue, and Chisholm Street, ...
  • Centennial Building
        "Corner First & Washington Ave., 1887"
      "Corner First & Washington Ave., 1887"
  • Churchill House
        Originally the Fletcher House, this hotel was moved in 1887 about a block to be positioned between First and Waters Street (present location of City Hall) and turned facing away from the bay. It was officially reopened as the Churchill House on May 2, 1888. The Churchill House burned April ...
      Originally the Fletcher House, this hotel was moved in 1887 about a ...
  • Churchill House
        Originally the Fletcher House, this hotel was moved in 1887 about a block to be positioned between First and Waters Street (present location of City Hall) and turned facing away from the bay. It was officially reopened as the Churchill House on May 2, 1888. The Churchill House burned April ...
      Originally the Fletcher House, this hotel was moved in 1887 about a ...
  • Churchill Lumber Co. Mill
        "Rebuilt Churchill Lumber Co., Mill, Fall 1889"
      "Rebuilt Churchill Lumber Co., Mill, Fall 1889"
  • Churchill Lumber Company
        W.L. and H.D. Churchill Lumber Company. This mill was first built by F.N. Barlow in 1871. It was purchased by the Churchills in 1877. During the season of 1882, it cut 17,250,000 feet of lumber and about 5,000,000 feet of lath. The firm also had a store and a wagon ...
      W.L. and H.D. Churchill Lumber Company. This mill was first built by ...
  • Churchill Lumber Company Saw Mill
        "Original W.L. & H.D. Churchill Saw Mill. Burned July 19, 1889"
      "Original W.L. & H.D. Churchill Saw Mill. Burned July 19, 1889"
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit
Privacy Policy