Results

We found
18
matching items
  • Contributors: Alpena County George N. Fletcher Public Library
  • Contributors: Alpena County George N. Fletcher Public Library
  • Contributors: Alpena County George N. Fletcher Public Library
  • Contributors: Alpena County George N. Fletcher Public Library
  • Media Types: Images
  • Collections: Knechtel Collection
  • Collections: Knechtel Collection
  • Decade: 1950-1959
  • St. Augustine Catholic Church, Hillman
        Construction of the St. Augustine Catholic Church in Hillman began in 1957. Its dedication or "solemn blessing" took place on July 3, 1960. The church is located on Veterans Memorial Highway.
      Construction of the St. Augustine Catholic Church in Hillman began in 1957. ...
  • St. Augustine Catholic Church, Hillman
        Construction of the St. Augustine Catholic Church in Hillman began in 1957. Its dedication or "solemn blessing" took place on July 3, 1960. The church is located on Veterans Memorial Highway.
      Construction of the St. Augustine Catholic Church in Hillman began in 1957. ...
  • Huey Campbell
        Huey Campbell at the old dumping grounds in Alpena in 1959.
      Huey Campbell at the old dumping grounds in Alpena in 1959.
  • Family at Old Presque Isle Lighthouse
        Believed to be the Knechtel Family at the Old Presque Isle Lighthouse. The boy would be Dennis, born in 1951.
      Believed to be the Knechtel Family at the Old Presque Isle Lighthouse. ...
  • Cemetery Flowers
        Possible a Linke Family grave site at Evergreen Cemetery in Alpena, Michigan. Arthur Linke died June 5, 1963. Ann Linke died May 22, 1958.
      Possible a Linke Family grave site at Evergreen Cemetery in Alpena, Michigan. ...
  • Beck's Brewery
        Beck's Brewery was built in 1887 and was located on First Avenue in the center of the block between Chisholm Street and Park Place. If was owned by John Beck. Prohibition halted production in 1918. After being a storage building for numerous years, the building was razed in 1957.
      Beck's Brewery was built in 1887 and was located on First Avenue ...
  • City Flood Sewer Pipe
        Installation of the city's flood sewer pipes. Dennis Knechtel, about 5, is standing in the center.
      Installation of the city's flood sewer pipes. Dennis Knechtel, about 5, is ...
  • Arthur Linke in Buggy
        Arthur Linke in buggy.
      Arthur Linke in buggy.
  • Arthur Linke with son Albert or Leo
        Arthur Linke on right with one of his sons, Albert or Leo.
      Arthur Linke on right with one of his sons, Albert or Leo.
  • Owl Cafe
        When the original Owl Cafe, on the corner of Chisholm Street and Second Avenue, burned in 1927, it was rebuilt less than a block down on the opposite side of Chisholm Street. This picture shows it before a gas blast in the cellar destroyed the building in 1959.
      When the original Owl Cafe, on the corner of Chisholm Street and ...
  • Evergreen Cemetery Chapel
        The Chapel at Evergreen Cemetery on Washington Avenue near the Thunder Bay River in Alpena.
      The Chapel at Evergreen Cemetery on Washington Avenue near the Thunder Bay ...
  • Adam Ludewig, Portrait
        Known as the Dean of Alpena Businessmen, Adam Ludewig came to Alpena in 1871, and owned and operated a bookstore in various Alpena locations for over fifty years. He received many public honors including a life membership in the Elks Club. He was also a member of the Masonic Lodge ...
      Known as the Dean of Alpena Businessmen, Adam Ludewig came to Alpena ...
  • Adam Ludewig's Birthday Party
        Known as the Dean of Alpena Businessmen, Adam Ludewig came to Alpena in 1871, and owned and operated a bookstore in various Alpena locations for over fifty years. He received many public honors including a life membership in the Elks Club. He was also a member of the Masonic Lodge ...
      Known as the Dean of Alpena Businessmen, Adam Ludewig came to Alpena ...
  • Unknown building
        Unknown building. Labelled as Garfield School, but believed to be labelled wrong.
      Unknown building. Labelled as Garfield School, but believed to be labelled wrong.
  • Dege's Garage Next to Martindale's Store on River Street, Alpena
        Dege's Garage next to Martindale's Store on River Street, Alpena.
      Dege's Garage next to Martindale's Store on River Street, Alpena.
  • Back of Owl Cafe
        The back of the Owl Cafe on Chisholm Street. The Owl Cafe was originally located on the corner of Chisholm and Second Streets, but reopened on the north side of Chisholm street after the original burned. The second Owl was destroyed by an explosion. The third by arson of a ...
      The back of the Owl Cafe on Chisholm Street. The Owl Cafe ...
  • Martindale's Store
        During the mid-1900s, Martindale's Store provided Maytag washers, Hoover vacuum cleaners, and Philco Radios. The store was located at 208-212 River Street.
      During the mid-1900s, Martindale's Store provided Maytag washers, Hoover vacuum cleaners, and ...
  • Norwegian Parish House
        Parish House to the Grace Lutheran Church on Dunbar Street. It was used for Sunday School classes in the 1950s before being torn down.
      Parish House to the Grace Lutheran Church on Dunbar Street. It was ...
Sort
Contributors
Media Types
Groups
Years
Features
Map
Map of locations associated with these items. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit
Privacy Policy