Results

We found
248
matching items
  • Item types:: Negatives
  • Ann Taber's Finding Alpena's Roots
        This narrated slide show was a group project for a graduate class offered through Central Michigan University. It reviews and explains some of the resources available to study the history and people of Alpena.
      This narrated slide show was a group project for a graduate class ...
  • Draining the Thunder Bay River
        In July of 1971, the Alpena Power Company lowered the Thunder Bay River by nine feet. This was done by opening the Ninth Street Dam and closing the Four-Mile Dam. The purpose of this was to allow the Detroit and Mackinac Railway crew to inspect the car bridge north of ...
      In July of 1971, the Alpena Power Company lowered the Thunder Bay ...
  • Linke's Greenhouse
        Young girl standing in Linke's Greenhouse.
      Young girl standing in Linke's Greenhouse.
  • Linke's Antiques
        Antiques owned by Arthur Linke, including clocks, glassware, tools, record players, lamps, and an instrument player from the North Tonawanda Musical Instrument Works. Arthur (Art) Linke, 1890-1963, was long identified with Linke's Flower Ship & Greenhouses. He was a great collector of Alpena memorabilia and much of his massive collection ...
      Antiques owned by Arthur Linke, including clocks, glassware, tools, record players, lamps, ...
  • Linke's Greenhouse and Girl on Penny-farthing
        This girl (Linke?) is riding a penny-farthing next to the Linke's Greenhouse on Lincoln Street. The bicycle was donated by Arthur Linke to the Besser Museum for Northeast Michigan, where it can be seen today.
      This girl (Linke?) is riding a penny-farthing next to the Linke's Greenhouse ...
  • Linke's Greenhouse
        Linke's Flower Shop had a long history. Established in 1872 by Charles Sans, father-in-law of Alfred Linke, in formally passed to the Linke family with purchase in 1907 by Alfred Linke, Art Linke's father. The building was on the Mirre and Fifth Streets site for 120 years out of 135 ...
      Linke's Flower Shop had a long history. Established in 1872 by Charles ...
  • Building St. Bernard's Church School
        The cornerstone for the St. Bernard's School was laid in 1962, and dedicated in 1963. The school included eight classrooms, a cafeteria, gymnasium and library. The project cost $325,000.
      The cornerstone for the St. Bernard's School was laid in 1962, and ...
  • Building on Thunder Bay River
        Believed to be the Thunder Bay River and vicinity. The location is unknown. Pictures taken in January 1963.
      Believed to be the Thunder Bay River and vicinity. The location is ...
  • Arthur Linke in "historic vehicle"
        Arthur Linke and friend riding in a circa 1910 vehicle in July 1962.
      Arthur Linke and friend riding in a circa 1910 vehicle in July ...
  • Razing First Baptist Church
        On December 25, 1892, the Baptists dedicated their new brick church at the southeast corner of Third and Lockwood Street. The church cost the Baptist Society $23,000. Here it is being razed in January and February 1962.
      On December 25, 1892, the Baptists dedicated their new brick church at ...
  • Independence Day Parade 1962
        Independence Day Parade 1962 #282 French's Machine Shop: William "Bill" French was Alpena's "Mr. Fix-it." Bill started work with his father. Both of them worked on assembling the Alpena Flyer, an automobile built in Alpena between 1910 and 1913. He later opened his own shop. He loved steam engines and ...
      Independence Day Parade 1962 #282 French's Machine Shop: William "Bill" French was ...
  • Grace Lutheran Church
        The organization of Grace Lutheran Church began as early as 1869 when the first Norwegians settled in the Alpena area. Occasional services were held in the Union School. The church first built a parsonage in 1872, then a wooden church, shown to the rear of the brick church. Construction of ...
      The organization of Grace Lutheran Church began as early as 1869 when ...
  • Roadside
        Roadside, probably along Thunder Bay River, October 1961.
      Roadside, probably along Thunder Bay River, October 1961.
  • Green Funeral Home
        Green Funeral Home, Veterans' Highway, Hillman, Michigan, October 1961.
      Green Funeral Home, Veterans' Highway, Hillman, Michigan, October 1961.
  • Thunder Bay River, May 1961
        During the 1930s, the old Second Avenue Swing Bridge became inadequate and occasionally inoperative. On August 20, 1938, the Public Works Administration agreed to finance a new bridge. There was an outright grant of $157,909 to supplement $190,000, which the Municipal Church desired to raise though a bond issue. The ...
      During the 1930s, the old Second Avenue Swing Bridge became inadequate and ...
  • Texaco Gas Station
        Country store in Alpena County with Texaco gas, Royal Crown Cola, and an IGA. Typical of country stores that dotted Alpena County, this store offered a little bit of everything.
      Country store in Alpena County with Texaco gas, Royal Crown Cola, and ...
  • Family at Beach
        A family at what looks to be Starlite Beach on Lake Huron. Huron Portland Cement is in the far distance of left.
      A family at what looks to be Starlite Beach on Lake Huron. ...
  • First Baptist Church
        On December 25, 1892, the Baptists dedicated their new brick church at the southeast corner of Third and Lockwood Street. The church cost the Baptist Society $23,000. It was razed in 1962.
      On December 25, 1892, the Baptists dedicated their new brick church at ...
  • Thunder Bay River, June 1960
        Thunder Bay River, June 1960
      Thunder Bay River, June 1960
  • Thunder Bay River, April 1960
        Thunder Bay River, April 1960
      Thunder Bay River, April 1960
Sort
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit
Privacy Policy